How hard are your lights on there holsters?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All!

To start off this in NOT a jeer thread to crappy holster companys. anyway i was wondering how hard are your light on there holsters? today i was looking at the inside of my John Willis A2 holster and was surprised to find that the nylon was very woren down. i am not saying anything about John work, as i think it is the best tou can find, and it is mor emy fualt as he levels enough room on both sides of the light so it wont rub, but i alawys clip my light to the holster for extra protection to keep it in. And the knurling on the A2 is so tough just like all other HA surefires it will eventually rub through.

so how hard are you on your holsters?

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Concealco SF100 has been used with my HDS EDC for several months...no real wear to it or my light. It's high quality leather though, not nylon.

I'd be interested to hear how these hold up for Surefire owners (that's what the Concealco's were designed for).

CFU

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey BMB,

I carry my E2D in a V20 holster. The teeth on the bezel and tail have really chewed up the nylon. My other SF holsters, V82 (E2O), V20 (6P), V21 (G2), and V10 (9P/L2) are pretty worn on the exteriors as well. I do alot of hiking which includes a lot of rock scrambling and the holsters get pretty scuffed up. I also use generic Swiss Army knife holsters for my E1e, HDS B42 XRGT, and retrofitted orange match carriers (for batteries). These wear out fast.

I feel holsters are a great investment to protect your lights from damage or loss.

kelmo

GreySave

Enlightened
I generally use Maxpedition holsters for all of my lights. I believe that they are a bit more expensive, but they are very tough and durable. They are generally adjustable for a two or three inch spread, so one holster may fit multiple lights. Because of the heavier material used they may be more bulky and visible to others than some of the other holsters out there, and they are definitely not what I would call a "dress" type product.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had my Holster from AW for the HDS and my B42 with the clip really kills the elastic material because I clip my light in. It's getting really bad because i recently got an Arc 4 clip. I just insert the clip in it now to prevent anymore damage. Great holster still.

ILL-Luminated

Newly Enlightened
I'm with Torch_Boy on the Fenix holsters, and tebore on the elastic. My L2T holster has about an inch of seperation on one side from daily in/out of the light. I didn't notice it until my L1D arrived recently and I started using it vice the L2T. Most holsters that use elastic sides will suffer that kind of fate over time I guess...
xyxgun.gif

InfidelCastro

Banned
Both of the Fenix lights that I used at work had their holsters start to go to hell shortly.

I would say if you want to use a Fenix light for a long amount of time, have about twenty holsters on hand for it..

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a V31 SF holster for my 8AX at work for three years. The velcro cover flap no longer grips closed and its all fuzzy outside. Though its beaten down it hasn't ripped. Still tight. And the belt loop velcro only let go once when my full wieght forced it free. Kept me from falling off a ladder, I was able to grab on again. True theres no sharp edges on the light but I'd say the only flaw is the velcro. A magnetic clasp woven in might be better

Latest posts