Ever have a near-death experience?

flashlite

Enlightened
First, let me just say that this subject really has nothing to do with religion. People of all religions and even atheists have experienced this phenomenon.

My mother recently passed away. While I've always believed in an after-life, or at least hoped there was something after this physical life, I was seeking some reassurance after my mom died. I found great comfort in reading and learning more about near-death experiences and I've become convinced that there is something else after we die.

A near-death experience (NDE) is a type of experience reported by a person who nearly died, or who experienced clinical death and then revived. It's a perceived consciousness apart from the body, a crossing over to "the other side", a new dimension, a new level of consciousness etc. Many people who report having a NDE amazingly report very similar experiences…a floating above the body, traveling through a tunnel towards a light, seeing loved ones who have already died, a life review etc. I've also learned that NDE's are fairly common, which prompted me to start this thread.

Has anyone here had a NDE or know someone who did and care to share that experience? If you'd rather not share it publicly, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for reading.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlite, I am very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. It's been about a year since my own mom's passing and I still think of her daily. I have dreams and I am cynical enough think dreams may be all they are, but that she is doing well in heaven and is at peace. I hope your mom went peacefully.

I do not recall the details but my grandmother reports of NDE similar to what you describe way back in the early 1930s when she nearly died during childbirth.

Did you find any interesting NDE websites?

flashlite

Enlightened
Thanks for replying geepondy. There are lots of great sites on the net. A good one with lots of info. is http://www.nderf.org/ .

I just finished reading "Life After Life" by Raymond A. Moody, Jr., M.D. It's an excellent book on NDE's. Very facinating stuff.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad died a few years ago and they brought him back. He was in for heart problems and was awake for what ever reason with the typical beep, beep heart monitor you see on tv. He said when his heart stopped, he didnt hear it flat line. He was out before that occured when his heart stopped and woke up with them beating on his chest. He said everything just went dark as if he went to sleep. He had no visions, nothing.

Ive never died, but have been to heaven and hell. Strange since neither of us are that religious. When a relative of mines died, Ive met and heard his voice a few times. Seems he just has smart stuff to say, not much that useful. In dreams he passes through.

Ive met a few other folks in life that have died in my dreams. One was a counsclor at a rehab center i attended and another a daught of a lady I use to know. When Dale Sr died I saw a streak of bright light race around my room shortly before the new was released on tv. Then theres the women in NE who called me regarding my death a few hundred years ago and she wanted me to know it wasnt her fault. I met a relative of hers and told her about her before we lost contact.

Strange huh? Makes me scared stiff to do any illegal drugs, who knows what will happen or what/who I will meet.

Last edited:

T4R06

Enlightened
im also looking for an answer what after life was...

my mother also passed away last year, it was a sudden death.. after her death, im really hoping that she show up and maybe i can talk to her.
im really desperate, depressed. till one night on my dream, she is talking to me. she is happy, and told me "im going son, you can visit me if you want" then i replied "yes mom, i will"

the part of my dream continues, as i walk.. i dont know where i am. its just im sorrounded with white, all white. then as i remembered im in the stairs again walking finding my mom. i called her and i hear her voice telling me "im here" then i saw her on the window. im trying to get through on that window but i cant.. again im calling her but right after that she wont answer anymore.

i guess, its not my time.. thats why i did not make it on that window.

im a roman catholic, every sunday i go to mass and even every wednesday me and my wife praying a novena.

but till now, im losing FAITH.. because the loss of my mother.

till now, im depressed. looking for an answer if someday if i die "will i see her?" "she still know or remember me if i see her?"

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the passing of your mother.

When my Grandfather passed 1 year, my Grandmother went to hospital too. Grandmother asked me seeing Grandfather standing a few feet away only or not? I knew she meant it but I couldn't see him. A few weeks later she passed too.

When I was ~18 my finger unintentionally touched the live of the plug when inserting the power socket.
At that time, the whole world stop. My right arm had strange feeling, but not really painful. Nothing heard but I still could see I was facing to the white wall. And starting a transparent movie in front of me, show my entire life from beginning. Some wonderful memoery I lost already still reviewing. It was quite enjoyable at this frozen time. At the movie showing near & near the present time, Something told me it was time to let go or this was the end of my movie. So, hand opened, movie stopped. Just like nothing happened, but I already ran through my life in 0.001 second.
I thought it was "advance" review of my life. It should be viewed at the end of my journey.
Hope everybody enjoy your movie. :buddies:

Last edited:

donn

Newly Enlightened
I 'died' twice after a road accident 18years ago when I was a kid of 15. Was resus'ed twice; once by the paramedic, once by the crash team in A&E (E.R). I don't remember going the first time but I do remember going the second time. My vision and all feeling and sensation went and I was left listening to the medics run round me. Then my hearing began to go but in a wierd way; imagine being in a big old hospital with tiled walls and floors and listening to someones footsteps as they walk away from you and thats what it sounded like. Funnily I 'knew' what was happening but felt extremely calm and strangely enough very relieved, which was strange cos I had a good childhood; no worries or anything. I've spoken to other people over the years who had a similar experience and they all mentioned the same thing; an intense feeling of serenity and relief. None of them remembered seeing or hearing anything but a few said they felt like you do when your about to meet a family member or an old friend you've not seen in a while; you know before say a good old family/friends gathering you've been looking forward to ages.
I'm sorry to say I certainly don't remember seeing or hearing anything whilst I was 'dead'. I didn't feel anything else but then again I was only 15. Maybe if your older it would be different. It's not stopped me believing in the afterlife though.
Just to add a friend of mine recently lost their mum just after Christmas. They told me that all sorts of wierd little happenings and co-incidences occurred daily and their dog behaved really strangely for about a month after, then one day everything just stopped. I'm sorry they didn't really elaborate about things.
Flashlite, my condolences for the passing of your mother, may she rest in peace.

D.