LED dome light.

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
After a close call coming out of a basketball game at NMSU, I realized that this conventional domelight crap on my truck has gotta go. Im not a fan of dead batteries. :ohgeez: I bought a cheap one at Autozone for ten bucks. It does all different colors (which I dont really need) but the size is nooooot quiiiiiiiiite right and its not that bright really. Anyone have any advice?

I did find these:

http://www.ledvisionz.com/parts.html

-P.

Last edited:

Monolith

Enlightened
I use three of the Taskled luxeons in my truck cab (two in overhead console and one in dome).

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be interested in getting a red LED dome light for my 2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan. The Sylvania guide shows that I need Map light # 579, but I don't see it listed. Are these only made for a limited number of vehicles? Are there local auto parts stores that will have LED lights that will swap out the OEM dome light?

Monolith

Enlightened
JAS said:
I may be interested in getting a red LED dome light for my 2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan. The Sylvania guide shows that I need Map light # 579, but I don't see it listed. Are these only made for a limited number of vehicles? Are there local auto parts stores that will have LED lights that will swap out the OEM dome light?
Rummage around at www.superbrightleds.com for various size availability.

mosport

Enlightened
Good thread timing, ordered from taskled.com last week and my bare CC1W driver board just arrived today, the wait was definately worthwhile!

Georges80 also supplied the tabs to build a dome module, making the assembly quick and easy. A simple T-bin LUX-III star was a nice improvement over the original bulb and bright enough for my needs. In case you're looking for something even brighter, the CC1W is also compatible with star mounted Cree XRE's and SSC P4's.

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
thanks guys. I went with Autolumination because one of their domelights fit the uber small demensions of my tacoma domelight... and because I decided to do my whole truck in led. ha! Its gonna be awesome.

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
LOL 100 bucks later and of all things, it was the domelight that did not fit. LOL. Murphys law is a sunnofagun. :awman:

Last edited: