It's alive!

ginaz

Enlightened
after a lengthy struggle it's finally been done. i successfully transplanted a Seoul P4 into my Inova T1! of course i neglected to take any pics but i'm sure you've seen the internals elsewhere. the emitter swap was straight-forward. i didn't run into problems until i reassembled it (the first time). for some reason it wouldn't light then and besides, i noticed the tiros rattling around in annoying fashion. soooo i freezer-popped it again, lightly buffed the insides with scotchbrite and seated the tiros with a thin layer of silicone sealant. i tapped the bezel back on and there she was! the beam is floodier than before and my apparatus measures the output as less than my B42 on max (also P4 modded) but more than an L2T (high) with S bin and about the same as my golston. i'm pretty stoked as it was my number one light for a long time. i even wowwed some friends with it back in it's day so it was sad to see it being passed by the cree wave. well, it didn't surpass them but it's competitive again and the build quality and rock solid regulation are assets that still remain. i was pretty leery as i had destroyed my T3 trying to get a U bin into it but it wasn't getting any use as it was so i figured, it's in the name of science. i'm tempted now to get the new inovas and make them as well!

aceo07

Enlightened
I hope Inova eventually comes out with a cree/seoul version of the T/X series lights. It'd be great to see my Inova XO brighter and have a much longer runtime. :)