What should I do?

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
I am in the market for a new light, It will be for EDC, I am a mechanic, I need decent runtime and bright, I have to locate trucks from 20-30 feet, plus look under and around them, But In my sig it says I ahave a QIII, well rephrase that, I had one, I had one for about 6months, loved it but I lost it, do not know where but I did, No the question

I can buy the QIII plus 8 CR123 batteries for $34.50 or I can buy the Fenix L1d cree for $50.00 shipped,

I am torn between these 2 unless there is a light that I have overlooked, I do not want a twist head, I just got rid of 2 P1's for that reason, they are two hard to work with greasy hands,

THanks,
jon

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I use a surefire E2L with a 17670 rechargeable cell. It is plenty bright for mechanic work( thats my job too) and I only recharge it once or twice a week.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you bill your clients for those batteries go for a rechargeable model.

And something that won't roll of a hood or roof, with a hex bezel.

Are you looking for a EDC as small as a QIII?

-I'll vouch for the E2L - I lost mine:awman:

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
I need to rephrase alot, I do not want a surefire, They are to expensive, and there are alot of other lights just as good for 1/3 the price, I am not bashing surefire but I have 2 and I never use them, But my budget is $50.00 and yes I want to EDC it,

TJZ

Newly Enlightened
Hi jon1996, I would suggest the Fenix L1D Cree over the Nuwai QIII.
The Fenix L1D has adjustable modes and the Nuwai QIII only has
one mode, high.
I think you will have the need to adjust your light output depending
on what you are doing. Especially close up work which may be too bright.
Also the Fenix L1D runs on one AA battery which are cheap compared to
CR123 batteries (unless you use a rechargeable battery).
Also you can use one AA rechargeable battery with the Fenix L1D.

Fenix L1D CE
On/Off Tailcap Switch
Operation:
Fully press to switch on and turn the bezel to select General Mode or Turbo Mode.
A soft press anytime while the light is on will change the brightness levels within a mode.
Run Time 1.5 hrs - 25 hrs depending on mode

Tom

Last edited:

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dunno, I could go either way on that - Fenix makes a great light, but I love my QIII and would personally rather have one of them..