Need a new light. OK, maybe I just want one.

crewcabrob

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I need opinions on a new light please. Here is the shortlist of requirements:

6 hour run time, regulated is preferable as constant light is a must.

Brightest, whitest possible light. (read LED)

Good throw, at least 100 yards.

Small package, the rough size of a Stinger HP

Rechargeable is a must.

Durable, at least something that can be used in the rain and my get dropped from time to time.

This is on my wish list, something that can easily be set on a charger, like the Streamlight rechargeable lights. Are there any companies out there that make it any easier?

I would consider lights that would run 3 hours and have a battery change in-between, but they still need to be rechargeable.

I currently have a Stinger HP with the 3w LED drop in and a 3600mah super-battery. It makes for a very nice light. Easy to recharge, long run time, white quasi-bright light in a decent size package. The only thing that doesn't make my happy with the set up is the brightness of the light. I would give up some of the run time for a brighter light.

Any suggestions? Or do you think this is as good as it gets right now?

Thanks,

Rob

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
to me it sounds that a light (that exists today, :laughing: ) that is close to your requirements is the Lumapower M1.

I say that exists today because it sounds a bit as if you are reaching for the moon!

check out the specs on the M1 in the review below, the M1 is optimized for rechargeable batteries (but can use 2xCR123A), you need a separate charger for the 18650s rather than a flashlight cradle.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/lumapower_m1.htm

interested to hear back from you to what degree the M1 matches what you need after you read the review and, of course, if you decide to buy it, how well it did the job you need it for!

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Have you considered the Fenix L2D-CE? Just received mine and I love it. Specs of 135 lumens on turbo, run time of 10-11 hours on medium (40 lumens). The throw on high and turbo is amazing. The flashlight itself isn't a rechargeable type, but the NiMH batteries sure are and they're easily availabe everywhere. Even on high it exceeds your minimum run-time requirement. I tested mine with Duracell 2650 mah NiMH batteries and it ran 4 hr 15 mins before a significant reduction in light output.

Last edited:

crewcabrob

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys! I know I am reaching for the moon on my wish list, and I have a good light that does most of what I need it to. I just wanted something with a bit more brightness and throw.

I will check out your suggestions.

Thanks again,

Rob