What are my options?

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
I have a few of the Military Right Angle lights that run on 2 d cells, I love the lights but they lack in the output department, Are there any drop in bulbs or mods I can do to them to make them brighter, I do not want nothing to complicated, just a simple mod or led bulb dropin
Thanks,
jon

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could do an Everled, I'd think - they'd amount to some brightness. There's not a lot out there that's going to be THAT simple to make a RAL uber-bright without some modding..

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
it does not have to be uber bright, just more than it is now, what about a mag led bulb?

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Torch Boy. I read somewhere that someone put one in a military right angle 2D and he said it made it quite useable. The SMJLED2 is a simple PR based bulb that replaces any PR based bulb. It can only be used in 2 cell (D, AA etc) lights because IIRC they are not rated for use with more than 3 volts. The bulb is a straight drop in replacement. The tint is blue but I found them to be a great replacement for some of my old 2 D lights I had around. Great runtime as well. Mag LED bulbs do not fit in PR based lights (At least none of the ones I tried)