Edison's new 250 lumen LED

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are already using it on our B-04 and U-04's. It is called KLC8, and has two ranges, being the highest one way more expensive.

josean

Newly Enlightened
Barbarin said:
We are already using it on our B-04 and U-04's. It is called KLC8, and has two ranges, being the highest one way more expensive.

It would be very interesting to see a review of such lights. Could you give us a link with additional information?

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does this light differ from a Seoul in terms of beam pattern, tint etc? The specs look very similar on paper.

phaedrus

Newly Enlightened
Javier,
Any plans as yet for a B-15 (These LEDs in the U-15)?
Would make one amazing dive!

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
In fact we are about to release a B-15, but it is a U-15 using AA batts instead of Li-ION.

"B" Means that it is a flashlight designed to be used with AA batteries.

For those with existing U's we are preparing upgrading kits and a program to doit at our factory to warrant its water resistance.

Here is the comparisson of a U-04 using KLC8 @ 800 mA, and a U-04 LuxIII 800 mA

emailcompara1wg1.jpg

And now black and white.

emailcompara2bnkb4.jpg

phaedrus

Newly Enlightened
Javier,
Looks awesome! Count me in for a U-15 upgrade as soon as you make them available!

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the Edixeon uses the same die as the Seoul and Cree XR-E.

The Edixeon should be more compatible with the Luxeon Reflectors and Optics if i am not mistaken badly here.

:)

Benny

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
MorpheusT1 said:
Yes the Edixeon uses the same die as the Seoul and Cree XR-E.

The Edixeon should be more compatible with the Luxeon Reflectors and Optics if i am not mistaken badly here.

:)

Benny

Well you're not mistaken but by compatible what do you mean?

The SSC is compatable but it's more floody when used with Lux optics/reflectors the Edixeon sits higher and creates a tighter beam. The SSC footprint however is much more similar to a Lux 3 than the Edixeon. The body of the Edixeon is slightly bigger in all directions than a Lux 3. For some really tight fitting heatsinks for the Lux 3 you might even need to sand the Edixeon emitter a little.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a Edixeon KLC8 LED to mod in my other SL Stinger LED. I will post some beamshots when it is complete!

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Spartanian is driven at 700mah. Like the Cree and SSC the efficiency is much lower at 1A than at ~700. You're adding 50% more energy for 20% more light; not a great trade-off.