Does Surefire give warranty replacements to secondhand lights?

Illum

Flashaholic
This is not a jeer...yet, but getting there if this winds up dragging for half a year:ohgeez:

My A2's tailcap developed a problem, the xenon cannot be set to constant on. "mmm...Email surefire"

okay, I did, telling them the lights serial and that its bought second etc etc...Documentation available etc....First reply Email tells me a shipment has been sent, I should get it next week....3 weeks later, no tailcap
"mmm...Email surefire again"

upon inquiry of slow shipping the second reply email tells me another shipments been sent. Okay, its the holiday, its reasonable to say the shippings slow and understandable if its lost somewhere...

2 more weeks passed with nothing
Another Email sent [reason why I dont call is because I have a tendency to stammer and that will take forever:ohgeez:]

3rd inquiry went through without hassle, no questions asked..

well...its been over 7 weeks, despite conirmation Email's reassurance, I still havent recieved that stinkin tailcap.:mad: I've had mail that was stuck for over 3 weeks but 7 is unacceptable.

Anyone know the cause? whether they're backordered? [surefire, if they are at least tell me jeezez]

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Illum, call them - it's much easier/faster to deal with them that way.

(and, yes, they do service their lights regardless of ownership)

Illum

Flashaholic
well, the email returned with a tracking code:grin2:, from the looks of it, the package might have been stuck at Los Angeles because of weather instability, not sure though.

Thanks guys, next time I'll just skip the Email part

Questions answered, Moderators, you are free to close this thread lest it becomes another cheer thread:grin2: