Where to find Green Led LIght?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a green/white LED headlamp from Princeton.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
You called? :wave:

Seriously now, I've never seen a green LED headlamp. What model is the one you have, tsask?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember, there is green,
and then there is:
Cyan or Turquoise or Teal,
All three are the same color for a "green-blue" ish color, and they are the brightest of all the LED colors!

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight has an interesting interpretation of 'night vision'. Plus they spell LEDs two different ways [LEDSs'].

Meduza

Enlightened
Step 1: Get cheap chinese headlamp

Step 2: Get green luxeon

Step 3: Put green luxeon in cheap chinese headlamp

Done ;)

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenlight said:
Streamlight has an interesting interpretation of 'night vision'. Plus they spell LEDs two different ways [LEDSs'].
It's confusing enough when the Photon Freedom is described as having a "NV Green LED" when what they probably mean is NV gear compatable.

The SL blurb is really confusing, though.

I guess it could be worse -- they could always say that technically, any light used to see in the dark could be called "night vision". :sigh:

02Scuba

Banned
I made the mistake of buying a HD-45 from the shoppe that has green tint to that I find no use for whatsoever. I have turned it on once. I now use it as an expensive $260 paper weight on my desk and as a reminder where never to buy anything else from.

However, one man's garbage is another man's treasure. It may give your friend an idea if the color will work for him. If your interested, let me know.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
NVG Green LEDs are not for preserving night vision. The Turquoise color gives fairly decent colors (bettter than straight blue or straight green) and gives off little to no lower frequency light (red, IR) which would be picked up by most night vision goggles. Therefore you can use an NVG and not worry about announcing your presence to others who may have night vision goggles.

Well I have seen a headlamp that uses green before though it isn't all that cheap:
http://www.foxfury.com/products/index.htm

But if you're looking for cheap and green, yea chinese headlamp and green luxeon, or night ize headband and inova X1 etc.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Gerber Meridian with a 5mm green LED. Also has a 5mm red and a 1W Luxeon. The 5mm LEDs are switched independently of the Luxeon and the Luxeon is regulated. Runs off a 3-AA pack on back of head. It's a funky but decent light.