New member and some comparison shots

cal..45

Enlightened
hi all,

I just joined that forum after lurking around for a couple days. first of all let me say I'm not a flashaholic (yet :grin2: ) but a couple weeks ago one guy in our german watch forum: http://www.forum.khs-watch.com/wbb2/index.php came up with an off-topic thread about his new acquired fenix LED lamp.

I used to have my old mini maglite AA the last 10-15 years or so, and wasn't aware that technology had made such great improvemenet, especially with LED torches.

just about the same time a (also off-topic) LED torches thread came up in the watchuseek casio (g-shock) forum: http://forums.watchuseek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17
where I spent a lot of my internet time. one guy posted a link to this forum and that is how I finally made it over here :)

well, a couple weeks later - you guess it - I also bought a fenix, modell L2D which arrived last week. this lamp is truly awesome, I still can't believe that they managed to put out ( at least for my impression) such a tremendous amount of lightpower from such a little device.

however, only a day later after the fenix arrived, I found another LED in the net, equipped with a seoul p4 LED and even more impressive 240 lumens compared to the 135 lumens the fenix can provide. it is a no name brand, but that doesn't bother me, as long as the thing does what its supposed to do, but more about that later. here are some comparison pictures I took beween the fenix and my mini double AA maglite. both items have about the same size in lenght (147 mm) and both are loaded with fresh batteries.

the first pic shows the fenix in its weakest mode: 9 lumens

fenixgegenmaglite9lumen.jpg

the second pic shows the fenix with 40 lumens:

fenixgegenmaglite40lumen.jpg

this shot shows the fenix with 80 lumens:

fenixgegenmaglite80lumen.jpg

and finally the maximum output with 135 lumens:

fenixgegenmaglite135lumen.jpg

this is the first time I did such a comparison, so please be a little clement with me about the pictures quality :) .

well, I'm sure you are curious about that no name 240 lumens LED I mentioned above. to give you an idea of its size, here is a comparison photo along with my L2D:

FenixgegenNoName.jpg

the red arrow shows to the loop where you can hook a lanyard, keyring or whatever...

the flashlight measures 95mm in lenght and 27mm in diameter, it weights 100 grams including one CR 123 battery. it comes along with two CR 123 storage batteries and a recharger station. the quality of the surface is good but not as excellent as the fenix's. there are no different light modes you can choose, it can only be switched on/off, thats it. it sells over here for 99 euro (about 130 USD) which is not cheap, but considered the light output and the supplies its not too bad either. the CR 123 battery will allow the lamp to shine for about 30-40 minutes. okay enough of that, here is what this thing is capable of, compared to the fenix L2D in 135 lumens mode:

fenixgegennonamelichtvergleich.jpg

as you can see the no name clearly outshines the fenix (well its not too surprising with over 100 lumens more power isn't it :) ). however, due to the lack of different modes (who needs 240 lumens ALL the time ?) my first reaction was to send the lamp back. but then I had second thoughts and decided to keep it, it will (actually it has already) replace my old halogen bicyle lamp, because now for the first time I will be able to see where I ride my bike at night without to worry for tracks which I'm not familiar with. of course I also will use it from time to time as a "normal" flashlight, but that won't be its main purpose, since I have the fenix L2D for my EDC now.

regards, holger

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to cpf,....nice beamshots for a first timer....keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

All the best

Newuser01

Enlightened
Welcome to the forum where folks says "buy them both!!"
Nice!!!! Real world comparo and pictures to boot.

Request, more pictures of the no name light (insides, led, lens, etc)
Where did you get the light? What type of RCRs, 3.0V or 3.6v.

Cheers.

Chao

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, your beamshots are very clear and nice:thumbsup:
Newuser01 said:
Request, more pictures of the no name light (insides, led, lens, etc)
Where did you get the light? What type of RCRs, 3.0V or 3.6v.

Cheers.
and same questions here of the no name light

cal..45

Enlightened
thank you guys for all the nice words.

if someone is interested in the no name LEd you can buy it here though I don't know if the shop sells internationally, but if you like I find out for you.

the storage batteries are 3,6 volt 880 mah

I do not have any more pictures taken of this lamp yet, but I will tomorrow. right know I'm off to bed, its 1:30 am over here, cu

regards, holger

lightknight

Newly Enlightened
Hi (servus) Holger!

That sounds incredible, 240 lumens, thats a SENSATION - if true!!!:sssh:
And it should be true, because your excellent beamshots speak for themselves.

From what you write, I get, that you have compared that no-name-wonder to a fenix L2D CE, right? The CE would make the point!

Seems you found something, that blows away all other LED flashlights in the entire UNIVERSE!!!!

So I would suggest to change the title of this thread from "new member and some beamshots" to "SENSATION! 240 lumens light, beats all fenixes!!!"

You might become famous for that:grin2:

Do you have a chance to compare it directly to a fenix P1D CE, which is the most discussed LED throwmonster on the forum? Just some beamshots, would be GREAT and make your fame immortal ;-)
:rock:
Thanks for the discovery and greetings from Austria!

Erich

cal..45

Enlightened
wow, i really appreciate your comment, didn't was aware that a 240 lumens LED is such a sensation, because I tought you see such things all day...:)

anyway, here are three more pictures of the no name lamp with no special comment....

nonameschalter.jpg

nonamelinse.jpg

nonameaufgeschraubt.jpg

@ lightknight: the following shots are especially for you ;)

.....I also took two pictures yesterday evening when I rode home with my bike, it was about 21:00 hours (9:00 pm). the first one shows my bike with both the fenix L2D and the no name mounted on top of the handle bar, I used a flash on my camera for this one, you can see it was quite foggy last night:

fenixgegennonamenachtlichtvergleich.jpg

the second picture was made without a flash, please note, that the fenix was set on its turbo mode - 135 lumens (yes, the right one :grin2: ):

fenixgegennonamenachtlichtvergle-1.jpg

the last shot was made today just about 45 minutes ago local time 14:00 hours (2:00 pm) in my spare room during normal daylight conditions. again, the fenix L2D is set to "turbo" and both flashlight run on fresh and fully charged storage batteries, well judge for yourself:

fenixgegennonametageslichtvergleich.jpg

left: fenix, right: no name

right now I am not able to provide you with a comparison shot of a P1D CE, because I simply don't own one. but a friend of mine will have his in a couple days for his birthday and then I will take some shots asap, stay tuned.

regards, holger

Last edited:

lightknight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot, Holger, for the quick reply - and of course "my" special pics:rock:

Meanwhile I also sent a mail to the seller (lohenstein.de), asking if the 240 lumens were realistic.

They said yes, yess, yesss! Try one! :naughty: They said, it was a seoul P4 rank U, emitting 240 lm at 1 Ampere, 3,8 Volts and 3,5 Watts!

They also boasted this light "100% (!) brighter than any other LED light on the market.":xyxgun::grin2:

I'm no expert, so I don't know, if this is really possible - and why the other manufacturers can only pull half as much light out of it ?!

On the other hand: In your latest wall-beamshot the difference does not seem so dramatic, the seoul seems a bit bluer and maybe a little brighter.

So a P1D CE - comparison would be great, I'll be looking forward to that.

Thanks and greetings!

Eric

ScooterBug

Enlightened
great work. i like that no name light and have sent an e-mail to my daughter, she is in Germany. maybe she can get one for me.:grin2:

chris_m

Enlightened
Gordov2 said:
How do we translate that link to english? I want one of those No Name 240 lumen lights!

http://www.google.com/translate?u=h...schenlampen-Set/&langpair=de|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Very feasible, as 240lm is what you get if you run a U-bin SSC P4 at 1A (realistically ~200lm out the front after losses). Surprised there isn't another flashlight out there that does this. I upgraded my Lux III Exposure Joystick with a P4, and the output of that is pretty much the same as my triple Cree at 350mA (nominally 240lm), so the claim is quite realistic.

lightknight

Newly Enlightened
... and Holger, woulden't you like to change this tread's name to "250 lumens LED Light" or so - just to give it the appropriate attention?:dedhorse:

lightknight

Newly Enlightened
chris_m said:
http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lohenstein.de%2Foxid.php%2Fsid%2F0cb15a0b6107f8162fb18e2b339207ad%2Fcl%2Fdetails%2Fanid%2F4b245bca9f588f526.31297179%2FP-240-Lumen-LED-Taschenlampen-Set%2F&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Very feasible, as 240lm is what you get if you run a U-bin SSC P4 at 1A (realistically ~200lm out the front after losses). Surprised there isn't another flashlight out there that does this. I upgraded my Lux III Exposure Joystick with a P4, and the output of that is pretty much the same as my triple Cree at 350mA (nominally 240lm), so the claim is quite realistic.

Thanks, Chris for your expertise. 240 lm - twice a P1D CE!?
I think, I'll have to get this incredible light - to see for myself:)

lk

Newuser01

Enlightened
For you reading pleasure:
from the web site said:
P-240 lumen LED flashlights set

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

LED Seoul P4
We have the probably brightest light emitting diode of the world in the program for you immediately. The 1-Chip high speed LED marked with P4 gives a light-current of 240 off with 1000 mA lm (efficiency = 66lm per Watt). Thus the "P4" of all past high speed LEDs from 1Watt to 5 Watts ran off rank and it around 100% in luminous efficiency exceeded, for this reason is it no longer correctly our flashlights under performance classes (Watts) to be classified, but under "lumens". Owing to more special, on own patents P4 is characterised of based phosphorus and housing technologies by maximum light-current, very good thermal coefficients of drag and a high heat conductivity. The "P4" writes thereby history and breaks new chapter open in the lighting with light emitting diodes.

FLASHLIGHT
This lamp is momentarily the brightest LED flashlight of the world of its size of, it places everything to date at LED flashlights offered in the shade. It was developed particularly for the police. The housing is milled from aluminum CNC and for the employment under extreme conditions all connections provided with O-rings, thus is protected the flashlight against splash-water. It carries brilliant 240 lumens for enterprises out with an left-ion Akku for at least 30 minutes in continuous operation. In the scope of supply 2 Akkus are contained, then you have always a Akku in reserve. The micro switch is at the lamp end and is likewise from aluminum this can by one-hand operation be switched on and off (Morsen possible). The flashlight is supplied in a gift box.

BATTERY CHARGER
With the Ultra Fire left-ion CR 123A battery charger can be loaded the Akkus by 100 - 230 V in all nets of the world in pairs or individually.

* Charging current: 250mA
* Charging voltage: 3,6V/3V DC
* Regulated current source
* LED light emitting diodes for loading and recognition
* Mains voltage: 100-230V
* Frequency: 50/60Hz

TECHNICAL DATA
* Brightness: 240 lumens broadly strewing with Hotspot for:
* Shining width ca.90 meter
* Power input to 1000mA with 3,8V
* Achievement: a stage 3.5 Watts
* Weight: 99g with Akku
* Mass: Lengthens 96mm, diameter 25/27mm
* Operation hours lamp: approx. 50,000 hours
* LED type: ZLED Seoul P4
* Color of light: Knows daylight (6500 Kelvin climb I ("U"))

SCOPE OF SUPPLY
* 3.5 Watts LED Seoul P4 flashlight
* 2 pieces left ion Akkus 3.6 V/880mAh
* 1 pieces battery charger with load cable
* Gift box
from the web site said: