Won't be buying lights for a while . . .

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Well maybe not totally. But for Lent I'm giving up using my credit card except in emergencies (Can't use Paypal either since it still goes on my card). At the very least I will give up making online purchases. So from now until Easter Sunday (April 8th) my flashlight purchases will be nonexistent, unless I pay for a light in cash at a brick and mortar store. If all goes well, I'll have a zero balance on my March credit card statement. Can't remember the last time I had a zero balance on my CC statement though, that'll be nice. Wish me luck.

P.S. - For Mardi Gras I didn't party, instead I bought a bunch of stuff for me before the clock hit midnight. Hope its enough to hold me over til Easter. Probably won't be but I'll manage somehow.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will do the same as I have had a few problems buying online,
Most are quite happy to take your hard earned money from you, but when you have
an issue like a faulty item they don't want to know about it.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Arg, benchmade_boy don't tell me things like that. But its nice to know there's a way to get around my self-imposed sacrifice.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can still sell stuff and receive the payments through paypal, which will then give you money in your PP account to spend on more flashlights! Problem solved!

TorchMan

Enlightened
That'll be a good thing for the cards and you. It's been around a year since I bought a light, you'll survive. Most lights will still be around in April.

When you say you bought a bunch of stuff, was any of it light related?

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Nice to see your plan frogsin'.
I took the easy path and gave up chocolate. It's a lot easier to go a week without chocolate than without a torch purchase..

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I added a bank account to mine when somebody simply WOUDN'T take a cc paypal.
What a pain in the butt! Once they have a bank account, they make that the default
payment source so you have to go through 2 extra screens every time you want to
use a credit card. They won't let you make a credit card the default once they have
a bank account on file, and they add an extra screen where they try to talk you out
of it every time you want to use a credit card.

Why would I want to use a credit card? Because my Amex will cover loss in shipping,
which Paypal doesn't (except by trying to extract it from the seller).

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Seems like I should have resolved to be stricter with my spending since there's more than a few ways to go broke without using credit cards.

TorchMan: Yes, the "bunch of stuff" I bought for myself was pretty much all light related. I have 2 Lumens Factory E-series lamp assemblies in transit. Last night I ordered a M*g-Lite, 3 drop-in LED bulbs, Fenix L2D CE, Fenix L0D CE, and a few other accessories.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
*UPDATE*

Well today is the ninth day of not using my credit card. Just gotta through all of March and the first week of April.
icon23.gif

Oh well at least by that time the new Inova Bolt series lights should be out, not to mention lots of other lights and non-light items I'm waiting to buy.