D-MINI VS M1

FASTCAR

Banned
I can not find beam shots of these 2. ( next to each other)
If u have both can u please PM me results.
Also just how much dimmer is D-mini with 123a? ( rather then rcr123) I ask because i have like 100 lith batts and no lights that use them .All mine are rechargeable now. I need a single 123a light and i have nearly 100 bats.
D mini or that Neo cree is what i would like.

Also who sells the Neo?

Ty

:popcorn:

Last edited:

TheMechanic

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, no beamshots here (I personally find them useless when trying to compare subtle differences.)

I have both, and I run both with the OP reflectors and rechargeables - RCR123 in the D-Mini, and a 18650 in the M1.

The M1 has slightly better throw than the D-Mini in this configuration. That's not the whole story, of course - the beam qualities are slightly different.

The M1 has a larger spill area and a smaller, more sharply defined hotspot. The D-Mini's spill area is smaller, but the hotspot is larger and has a more gradual falloff. Of the two, I find the D-Mini a bit more useful.

Hope this helps.

-=[ Grant ]=-

Gordov2

Enlightened
I have compared both and agree with what mechanic said. I definitely like the D-Mini better. Maybe for you it comes down to size. If so, the D-Mini is no more than 4 inches long. I find that to be very useful.

martonic

Enlightened
M1 smooth reflector, 18650 has almost as much throw as D-Mini (smooth), more spill and much greater runtime (4-5 hours vs. 35 minutes)!

The OP reflector removes the "rings" but costs a lot of throw. Do those rings really matter? only in wall-hunting IMHO.

Chao

Enlightened
I have both, and like M1 more, M1 has same throw as D-mini, but longer runtime.
Have beamshots with other lights in my signature, you can take a look.

Chao

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
I have both, the M1 throws much better, the Mini-D appears to throw a bigger spot. Both of lights have smooth reflectors. They also both have plenty enough side spill for searching. I like the fact that the M1 and two levels, I say get both... I see myself using the M1 much more than the Mini-D, but I'm glad I spent the fruit to buy both...
Heli

FASTCAR

Banned
TY for al the info !
Seems what i really want is a L4 "wall of light"..but a cree
Looked at every beam shot. Not 1 is a wall of light :awman:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use a Cree with no reflector, or a very shallow reflector that doesn't collect much, if any, of the direct output light and you'll get a very floody output. The Cree's radiation pattern is 75-degrees. A wide and shallow enough reflector will only catch the small amount of light that's radiated beyond the 75-deg window. The flood will then come straight from the Cree itself.