Ghost Story involving a Flashlight

Burgess

Flashaholic
Hello fellow CPF'ers -

Stumbled upon this amusing story.

Thought some of you might enjoy it.
grinser2.gif

http://castleofspirits.com/stories06/stlukes.html

If anyone else has similar stories, feel free to post/link 'em.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
ok, isnt any of the stories about someone thats older than 15? I remember having a wild imagination when I was younger...

BOGGARI BOGGARI BOGGARI BOGGARI! :D

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the experience would be any less scary if any dark places were completely lit up by excessive lumens. :) I was never afraid of the dark when I was a kid because of flashlights. Darkness can play tricks on the mind (ever go into an amusement park haunted house with all the lights on?) so when I read these stories I wonder. I'm not saying whether these stories are true or false just that perception has a lot to do with the experience.

dalekcommander

Newly Enlightened
Okay, I'll tell you my flashlight/ghost story. Remember that at the time I was only about 7 years old - so don't try to get all technical on me. It was a flashlight, that's all I know!

So, I am visiting some relatives overseas with my mom. We're at my uncle's house in Brighton, England. I had been given a "batman" light by my uncle, that was supposed to flash the bat-signal on a wall when turned on. I'm a complete batman freak at that time - so you can imagine me just running around the house trying this thing out in every dark closet, etc.

I end up in the foyer I guess, standing at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the bedrooms. There are only 3 adults in the house and myself - everybody is present and accounted for.

I am looking up the stairs toward the landing, and on the wall at the top of the stairs is a cukoo clock (spell?). I fire up my bat-signal and hit the cukoo clock square on - just making out the shape of the batman logo.

Right there, in front of the clock walks a human shape! It walked from right to left from the hallway upstairs and stopped directly in front of the clock! The shape which I can only describe as a "shadow person" (C2C fans out there?), then turns towards me and assumes the classic DaVinci Vitruvian man pose!

I can still see the clock through him!

Needless to say I just about (*&^% all over myself! I ran one way, the light went the other and my uncle who heard me screaming immediately ran upstairs and through the house in general looking for the "intruder".

Nobody was found. He was a police officer and a very thorough person. He couldn't explain it. There was no chance of shadows coming in from the roadway. The doors were all locked. We had no other visitors. I mean really, he/they/we though of everything that could have produced a shadow on the wall at that spot at that time.

I have never forgotten that event. In fact even today, i don't mind using my flashlight when and where it is needed, but I very rarely use it just for fun inside the house and I NEVER use it to look up stairs or down stairs into a basement area.

The basement is another story entirely.

Burgess

Flashaholic
The basement is another story entirely.

(shiver)
eeksign.gif

Okay. We must ask . . . .

Enquiring minds wanna' know . . . .

What ABOUT the basement ? ? ?

aaa.gif

BTW, thank you for sharing this with us.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
The story in the link Burgess provided reminded me of those old Hardy Boys mystery books that were popular in the 50's &60's.

Illum

Flashaholic
Oddjob said:
Darkness can play tricks on the mind (ever go into an amusement park haunted house with all the lights on?) so when I read these stories I wonder. I'm not saying whether these stories are true or false just that perception has a lot to do with the experience.

darkness acts like a fluid wall...that usually is how haunted houses are based on making you think theres a wall there when there really isnt...

excessive lumens is one thing, but its better to have more than one person to reassure each other...now if all of your group feels the presence simultaneously...then haul a** and get the @#$% outta there!

some places arent meant for the living to visit:ohgeez:

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
good story. I bookmark the site. :goodjob::candle:

dalekcommander

Newly Enlightened
What ABOUT the basement ? ? ?

aaa.gif

Ha! That smilie is so cool!

Okay, now for the basement. I moved into a condo in San Pedro, Ca this last summer. Everything was pretty much okay for me until one night I go down to the garage at about 3 a.m. to grab something from the other 'fridge. I work nights and even keep my same schedule when I'm off duty - so being up at that time is no biggie.
This night, I had brought my little 9v Falcata with me because I didn't want to wake my roomies by turning on a bunch of lights. So remember what I said above - I'll do it, but don't really like it.

I get down to the garage and for the first time I see that there is a "door" leading to a storage area under the stairs. For some reason, I had never seen it before and now I'm getting a bit wierd about it. I grab my snack and beat feet back up the stairs to the kitchen. Nothing else to note for that night.

But, now it's three days later and I have to do some laundry. The machines are located at the top of those stairs, directly above the "room". I'm not thinking about it though as I start my wash and didn't mind having to go down into the garage once again to get my lunch. What am I worried about - the dog is with me right?

I get down to the fridge, around the corner from the bottom of the stairs, the dog a few steps behind me - but now there is a problem. I can hear footsteps clearly coming down the stairs behind me!
My one roomy is at work and the other is at school and I know (or thought) that I am alone in the house! In fact, I would have had to walk right by whoever is now coming down the stairs toward me.

The dog starts growling and I am now looking frantically around for something to use as a weapon - just then the footsteps stop. Whoever it is must be standing on the bottom step. The dogs ears are flat back, her teeth are showing, but she ain't moving forward. Great.

I take the first steps toward the "person", turning the corner of the stairwell expecting a fight to erupt - nobody there!! Just then the footsteps return, loud and clear, this time moving up the stairs away from me. Now the damn dog gets brave and runs up the stairs growling all the way. Waiting a few seconds, I follow her.

Don't you know I get to the top of the stairs, next to the washing machine and here come the footsteps again, as if someone is walking up from the garage, from where I just was! I'm standing there and don't see anything!

I have heard those footsteps a couple of times now since discovering the door but I never see anything. I can't see any easy explanation for it.
My imagination can really run wild, but why would the dog react that way?

No, I've never asked my roomies about the "room" or the footsteps. I kinda don't want to know. The thing is, I'm alone in the house most of the time, trying to sleep during the day before my night-shift starts.

dalekcommander

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I know....but hey, I'm off tomorrow night - maybe I'll post a couple of stories about the ghosts at the hospital where i work.
Not strictly flashlight related, but CPF is kind of deficient in the ghost thread area, so this would be as good a place as any.