Little Cree on Ebay?

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
socalrunner said:
I also saw this one on ebay, it is p4 cree that says it gets 240 lumens and a 4 hour burn time at high beam.. Has anyone bought this, 40.00 shipped seems to good..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290086367746
There is no such thing as a Cree P4. Time to clarify some confusion :
- there's the Cree XR-E and one of the flux bins they are available in is P4 (upto now the highest flux bin available)
- then there is another LED made by SSC (Seoul Semiconductor) and it is based on the chip made by Cree and used in the Cree XR-E. The SSC part is called SSC P4.

On the pictures a SSC P4 is displayed, but since they talk about a Cree LED is isn't clear what you'll get.

In any case you won't get 240 lumens for 4 hours out of that battery config.

x2x3x2

Banned
On which pictures does it show a SSC P4?

Since this guy isnt a specialty flashlight seller, he probably doesnt even know about the SSC. Anyway alot of people here also rather just type Cree P4 instead on XR-E P4 too.
From the pictures its clear to see the emitter has the familiar silver ring around the Cree XR-E emitter.

Nothing to over analyze about i think, i ordered one anyway :)

LV426

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
On which pictures does it show a SSC P4?

Since this guy isnt a specialty flashlight seller, he probably doesnt even know about the SSC. Anyway alot of people here also rather just type Cree P4 instead on XR-E P4 too.
From the pictures its clear to see the emitter has the familiar silver ring around the Cree XR-E emitter.

Nothing to over analyze about i think, i ordered one anyway :)
Isn't it the same as Kyle at DX said there were som issues with?
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1284

x2x3x2

Banned
LV426, i was refering to the 1xCR123 stainless steel light which looks like the P1D. See the first link to the ebay item.

r0b0r

Enlightened
Hmm that 2x rcr123 light looks an awful lot like the "DX Cree" that deal extreme pulled from their store due to circuitry issues.

And the little silver thing did get a heinous review...