if you have a turbo head for sf 6p or equiv. answer this

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
does it have a pyrex lense?
will a 500 luman post-type assy. fit in it?
is gunmetal finish available?
the best longests reach and least expencive turbo is what?
where do i get this cheapest?
does lps carry it?

oh yeah - where do i find a belt clip for my 6p?
will another clip fit and what is it?

thank you.

K-T

*Moderator*
Pyrex: it does depend on what you get. If you want one of the older T series turboheads (the 3" ones) you'll have to go without pyrex, the newer ones (KT-series) do have pyrex. Both will fit the 6P,9P..., basically every 1" diameter SF light(including M2, but one of the other Millenium lights)
500lm LA: yes, it will fit in the turboheads. But the only LA you can use is the N62 if you want to build something like a 12PM out of your 6P (add two A19's), when you are playing with the thoughts of modding something onto that Turbohead, you could also use the MN21 which is the 6cell 500lm M6 HOLA. (please correct me if I am wrong)
gumetal finish: not that I know of. I think black and HA grey for the KT-series and only black for the T-series is available.
cost/throw: the lest expensive would be to find some store where they have some SF blow-out sale for parts like the T's. I think TxWest (sorry if I am naming the wrong person) got his 3" Turbohead for 25$ and that is quite a bargain. I got mine new for ~55$. You won't be able (only guessing) to get the new KT's in that price range (maybe used!?!), they start somewhere arount 70$ (KT1 for 2cell lights). Check ArizonaGunRunners, TTS or Tim Flanagan (only email at [email protected]). I guess they might have some intersting prices. LPs might carry it, email or call them, they will be happy to answer your questions (I hope
smile.gif
)
belt clip: I don't know if there is any kind of belt clip that will fit onto your 6P. The 6P was not desinged to have a clip. The only one compareable to the 6P with belt clip would be the D2 which has a belt clip. Maybe you could make one yourself?

Hope to have helped a little bit.
grin.gif

Klaus.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
does it have a pyrex lense?
will a 500 luman post-type assy. fit in it?
is gunmetal finish available?
the best longests reach and least expencive turbo is what?
does lps carry it?

oh yeah - where do i find a belt clip for my 6p?
will another clip fit and what is it?

thank you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(KT got in ahead of me with more comprehensive answers

Aragorn,

I have the T1/2 and the LPS 2.5" black turboheads, both Lexan. I also have the N1, N2 and the 250L and HOLA for the M6.

All the lamps fit into all the turboheads.

I can only speak with any authority about turbos that I know personally, not the M3T or some other lights. As I mentioned in my reviews, the LPS 2.5" is surprisingly close in performance to the 3" T1/2, but there is individual variation among them.

As far as I know you can currently only get the LPS turbo from LPS, for around $100.00. The T1/2 is harder to get but Klaus may be able to help you.

I personally can not recommend the KT2 which, ironically is pyrex. I am not putting the light down, merely saying that IMO its beam lacks intensity, especially compared to the other two turbos.

When you say a "beltclip" for your 6P, do you mean a holster with a belt clip as opposed to a belt loop? I prefer the loop, but that's a matter of personal preference.
I know that Brightguy carries them, and I'm sure that other dealers do too. The streamlight Scorpion holser also fits the 6P, and they are quite cheap, bvut I strongly suggest you stay with Surefire; those holsters are very well made and extremely durable. "Rip-Off" makes a large variety of belt clip and belt loop holsters,
though I find the coarse weave of some of them unappealling.

Good luck,
Brightnorm

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
You only need 2 A19's (extenders), T-head & a MN62 to get 500 lumen. The LPS Special is the better head, but doesn't have the pyrex lens. TX

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use 2 A19's for a total of 4 cells, then you can use the N62 500 lumen LA. You cannot use 4 A19's for a 6 cell M6 equivelent. The reason is the M6 is 9 volts, 3 series 123's in parallel with 3 more series 123's for 9 volts total, not 18 volts.

Also, I have heard from txwest and others that the MN61 (350 lumens for 20 min w/4 123's) produces the best beam & brightness for the money. The N62 is so hard on the batteries that in a few minutes it has a hard time keeping up with the MN61's brightness & the batteries overheat. But hey it'll do 500 lumens so I would probably go for it!
cool.gif

I would get the LPS 2.5" Turbohead. It is only in black & lexan but it produces a beam very similar to the 3" turbo's, very tight & long range throw.

The newer KT-2 is pyrex but produces a wider beam hotspot, which may be what you want.

This may help, here is a picture of the turboheads, courtesy of pk:

DSCN3772.JPG

#1 is 3" T-Head
#2 is 2.5" T-Head
#3 is LPS special 2.5" T-Head.
#4 is KT-1/2 T-Head w/Pyrex
#5 is T-Head for M3T, M4 & M6

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
one more A19 and some 123's and i'll be there!!! can't wait!, i think 500LU in a 3-4 deg focused t head
shocked.gif
is going to be very cool.(actually hot
grin.gif
).

Size15's

Flashaholic
I use the 3" TurboHead (#1) on my 12PM with the MN61 and love it. If only it wasn't so difficult to carry...

I use the 2.5" TurboHead (#2) (from my 12PM) on my C2-BK with the N1 lamp. I don't use it that much because the 65Lu beam lacks the punch to be useful at longer ranges.

I use the Millennium 2.5" TurboHead (#5) on my M3T (pyrex lens) with the MN16 lamp. I prefer this lamp over the MN15 & N2.

I do not have the LPS 2.5" TurboHead (#3) but if I did have it, I'd use it on a D3.

I do not have the KT 2.5" TurboHead (#4) but if I did have it(HA version), I'd use it on a C3-HA with N2 lamp. I personally would use the SP1 or Z48 Clickie TailCaps because this would give the C3 a very "Chunkie" Tough look.

Al

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
I do not have the KT 2.5" TurboHead (#4) but if I did have it(HA version), I'd use it on a C3-HA with N2 lamp. I personally would use the SP1 or Z48 Clickie TailCaps because this would give the C3 a very "Chunkie" Tough look.

Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the "chunkie" look too:

m2chunkie.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yeah.

I think the SP1 TailCap would be best on the C3(KT) because if you want to use the Z48 Clickie with CombatGrip, you really need to remove atleast one (or both) of the spacer rings.

Anyways, I really like the KT TurboHead. I would like to see the 8AX and 9AN with KTs compared to the Classic T on the Classic versions...

Al

Brock

Flashaholic
So does anyone still have the #1 3 inch head? I mean to buy, I have been using the 2.5 inch from my 12PM on my D2, nice reach and tight beam. Al is the 3" much tighter? Could I just put it on my 12PM instead of the origional 2.5 inch or are the threads and lamp holder differnt?

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
let me get this straight-
i can take a 6p and add 4 extenders and a turbo head-lps is pyrex right- and a 500 lum lamp and it will work?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's better than Legos.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Just make sure your combination works. 2 A19's are all you need. Plus lamps for 6V, 9V and 12V lights.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
So does anyone still have the #1 3 inch head? I mean to buy, I have been using the 2.5 inch from my 12PM on my D2, nice reach and tight beam. Al is the 3" much tighter? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brock,

Klaus may have a European source for the t1/2 3" heads.

If the 2.5" 12PM is the same as the LPS (which I believe it is) then according to my tests it is a near-equivalent to the 3". (See thread "A MAJOR STEP FORWARD.......")

Brightnorm

Size15's

Flashaholic
Brock,
The 3" and 2.5" use the same collar (provided with each TurboHead) for a straight swap.

My personal view, from experience, is that the 3" makes the biggest difference at longer range for the MN60, MN61 & N62 lamps.
Individual Reflectors and Lamps vary.

As to who has them... Try ebay? I maybe able to help. Email me. You have my address right?

Sean,
Without having both #2 & #3 side-by-side, I understand that the only difference is that the #2 lens is recessed about 1 cm to protect it, both from scratches and perhaps to provide "free air" to reduce the possibility of lens damage if placed Bezel-down when hot. Also, from PK's photos, it doesn't look like the #3 has any BeamFilters.

Al

Brock

Flashaholic
Thanks guys. I am just thinking since I pulled the 2.5 inch off my 12PM I should try a 3 inch on it for even a tighter beam. I am off to find one.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the final result of my "Lego set". An M4'sh Sure Fire. It's a 9P w/A19, T1, MN60 and Z21. (It could easily be a 6P with 2 A19's.) But I think I'll go with the 9P, T1, N2 and Z41.

M4sh.jpg

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I`d call that one a "12PT" but that`s just me
grin.gif

BTW what sort of tail cap is that? It looks to me like it has a "nipple" and lanyard attach ring, not the usual pushbutton- that right? I`ve not seen one of those yet.

confused.gif
grin.gif