Fenix L0D CE or P1D CE

NickelPlate

Enlightened
Hi Peeps,

I would like opinions on which of the above two flashlights in the title might be a better choice for me based on the following criteria:

1. Flat regulation is a must!
2. Small size
3. Brightness
4. Runtime

This is going to be a pocket EDC. That ought to be enough to make the selection but I don't know enough about either to decide (have been away from the flashlight sceen awhile). I know there are other choices but I don't want to break the bank either, fenix flashlights offer alot of bang for the buck. Are there any comparison threads or screenshots between the two? Many thanks in advance.

NP

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
NickelPlate said:
Hi Peeps,

I would like opinions on which of the above two flashlights in the title might be a better choice for me based on the following criteria:

1. Flat regulation is a must!
2. Small size
3. Brightness
4. Runtime

This is going to be a pocket EDC. That ought to be enough to make the selection but I don't know enough about either to decide (have been away from the flashlight sceen awhile). I know there are other choices but I don't want to break the bank either, fenix flashlights offer alot of bang for the buck. Are there any comparison threads or screenshots between the two? Many thanks in advance.

NP

Go for the P1D. The L0D is as bright but only if you run it on a 3.7v lithium cell and then the runtime sucks. ( about 15mins on mine ). The P1D has better regulation, runtime and brightness. It's about twice the size of the L0D but that's still quite small.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I've carried the L0P in the past and I now EDC the P1D CE. I prefer the latter; (I bought 2 rechargeable lithium cells and a charger for guilt-free lumens). Although it's twice as large, it's still very small as flashlights go, plus it weighs very little due to its lithium cell. On the plus side, it's *very* bright and has oodles of throw. Go for the L0D CE only if size is the most important factor.

Charles S

Newly Enlightened
Not to hijack this thread, but what about the L1D CE vs the P1D for the same criteria?

Although I might re-order the priorities, the same just different levels of importance.

1. Small size
2. Brightness
3. Runtime
4. Flat regulation is a must

Thanks for your thoughts.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think that flat regulation is that important depending of the light. I have the L0D-CE (and I now EDC it instead of the L2D/L2T) and you won't really notice the drop in brightness unless the batteries are completely depleted. It may be false with alkaline batteries but it is true with NiMH and lithium batteries (and I recommend especially NiMH with this light). On high, the L0D-CE is almost as bright as my L2T on high. Some said that it is as bright as the L1P.

Charles S said:
Not to hijack this thread, but what about the L1D CE vs the P1D for the same criteria?

Although I might re-order the priorities, the same just different levels of importance.

1. Small size
2. Brightness
3. Runtime
4. Flat regulation is a must

Thanks for your thoughts.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think deciding between the L0D and the P1D is, is it more important for you to have the smaller light or the longer runtime.

You can't have both... Simple physics.

Personally, I wouldn't want a light as large as the P1D on my keychain and since I carry another light anyway, I think it's unlikely I'd need much more than 50 lumens out of a keychain light.

LightScene

Enlightened
If you can comfortably carry the P1D-CE all the time then that's the one to get. Otherwise the L0D-CE is the one.

NickelPlate

Enlightened
Sounds like the P1d CE is the one to get, although I was kind of bummed it doesn't have flat regulation on high but probably would use that battery killing mode much anyway. I'd like to see the regulation plots for the L0D. Any links?

NP

coppertrail

Enlightened
I own both, and use the L0D CE more frequently. I switch my "Inside Coat Pocket" EDCs almost daily, but always carry the L0D CE in my pants pocket. Perfect for most situations in which I need light.

TwoKidsNoTime

Newly Enlightened
I got both...I choose L0D if size is a consideration and cost of batteries (AAA vs 123). Otherwise the P1D is the way to go: crazily bright and small enough for EDC and did I say it's bright?

FNG

Enlightened
Received my L0D-CE last night and just put in an order for the P1D-CE. I think they will compliment eachother very well. I still have my G2Z as an outdoor light and plan on getting a M6 to compliment the G2Z. I think thatll be the last of the lights I buy unless I need a 3 cell or rechargable.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Had the p1d ce, sold it, got an l0d ce.. I'm happier now.

Batterys for p1d ce are expensive. It' impractical to buy them unless you buy online and I don't like the idea of having to go order online and have them shipped to me constantly. Another solution is to use a charger (which i don't always find convenient)... i'd much rather just go grab a bunch of cheap little aaa's from my local store. That was my biggest issue.

They're noth nice. I just like the L0D-CE better. It's SUPER COMPACT, more convenient, still amazingly bright, runtime is fine (unless on lithium but in that case its nearly the brightest thing ive ever seen).. heh

Last edited: