Fenix L1D CE moddet with Lumapower LP-Mini OP reflector head :o)...

whc

Enlightened
Thought it would be "fun" to see if the head from LP-Mini's head with the nice deep OP-Type reflector would fit on L1D CE. And it is possible, used a Post-It that i folded 4 times, to fit the head on the L1D CE (the diameter of the head on LP-Mini is bigger).

This is just for fun, just to see how the L1D CE would work with an OP-Type reflector, that I would very much prefer when using the XR-E LED. The result is pretty good, almost no ring, and with better throw then with the original smooth Fenix reflector. The deepness of the LP-Mini's reflector gives the L1D CE overall a brighter output I think.

Here is some pictures:
DSC01612.JPG

DSC01613.JPG

DSC01614.JPG

DSC01615.JPG

Now to some beamshots, here you see the L1D CE with the LP-Mini's OP-Type reflector. All images is with Li-Ion 3.7v batteries, and the L1D CE is on Turbo mode. The white wall shots are from about 1 meter distance.

L1D CE with LP-Mini head, Li-Ion 3.7v
DSC01616.JPG

L1D CE with LP-Mini head, Li-Ion 3.7v, 2 stops underexposed
DSC01617.JPG

L1D CE with Stock smooth head/reflector, Li-Ion 3.7v
DSC01622.JPG

L1D CE with Stock smooth head/reflector, Li-Ion 3.7v, 2 stops underexposed
DSC01623.JPG

It is clear to see that the ring is as good as gone with the LP-Mini head, very nice, would wish that the L1D CE's beam looked like this with the stock reflector :D...

Last edited:

patycake57

Newly Enlightened
I love it! Fenix L1D UI with a turbo head and CR123A capability. If they build it, I will come. Thanks for showing us the possibility.

whc

Enlightened
patycake57 said:
I love it! Fenix L1D UI with a turbo head and CR123A capability. If they build it, I will come. Thanks for showing us the possibility.
Yes would be nice with a 123A body for the L1D CE. But I think the stock reflector could be much better, and it is with the LP-Mini head/reflector, but again it is also quit big with the LP-Mini head :)...