introduce me to Lumapower

jayhackett03

Enlightened
i'm unfamiliar with Lumapower. somebody introduce me to it. whats the benefits of each flashlight? i looked at lumapower.com but it wasn't very helpful. i hear one has alot of throw? dmini?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
What exactly are you wanting to know?

The M1 is a 2x123 or 1x18650 light. DMini is a single 123 light. Both have supurlative throw and are very bright. Among the brighter single LED lighs you can buy. F1 is a 1xAA light that is similar to a single stage Fenix L1D-CE and the M3 will be a 1xAA, 2xAA or 1x123 light that should be very versatile.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you read some of th comments posted by new owners of this lite, D mini and Lp minis they have infact rave reviews. They are small and packs a wallop (throw wise). Two types of tailcap switches are available, and one glows in the dark. It comes in a neat package with holster and some other useful accessories. I've seen the nickle plated brass version and I think is a really nice design.

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
I own a D-Mini and several M1's. Both are fantastic flashlights.

LumaPower is an inovative and responsive company that is located overseas. Their command of the english language is not terrific, but their products are first rate and cutting edge technology.

You will learn less from the LumaPower website than you will by doing various "searches" on the CPF. Find what suits you, and buy it. You will be pleased.

Frank

BMRSEB

Enlightened
+1... I have a D Mini on the way and will consider the M3 after beamshots/reviews, etc. BTW, I also had an M1 great light, recently sold it as want to free up funds for possibly the M3.. :)

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll give it a shot, even tho I don't own a Lumapower (yet), but I try to follow most of their offerings (tho, not all)...

M1 LuxIII - 2x123A or 1x18650 light. Output around 50 lumens out the front (based off comparisons against the Huntlight FT-01 LuxIII which seems to be about 60 lumens out the front. The M1 LuxIII is a bit dimmer.) Can tailstand. Very good runtime (about 4.5hrs before 50%). Head is a bit larger in diameter than the Huntlight FT-01. Clip is bezel up carry. Huntlight FT-01 is mentioned often as it is the M1's closest competitor.

M1 Cree - Same as M1 LuxIII, but with a Cree XR-E LED. Output jumps to 120+ lumens out the front. Very good hotspot and more throw than the Huntlight FT-01 XR-E. Same characteristics as the standard M1.

M3 - Lumapower's newest offering. Will be sold as a kit with a 1x123A, 1xAA, and 2xAA bodies, all working with the supplied clicky or momentary tailcap. I expect output to be in the 60-80 lumen range as the Cree XR-E LED is being driven at 400mA. Looks to be a very nice setup, if not a bit longer (length) than its competitors. UI seems very easy.

DX1 - The longest Lumapower. I honestly don't know too much about this one as FLR's test didn't show it's output to be very good relative to other lights I could get. I think it was offered in both K2 and LuxV versions. Forgot what cells it took, either 2x17500s or 2x18650s...one of those. Good throw with the K2, great output with the LuxV.

D-Mini - 1x123A Cree XR-E light with a large head and reflector made for throw. Originally came with a smooth reflector that had some ringiness, but also available now with a OP reflector for a smoother beam at the sacrifice of throw. Regulation doesn't seem to be that great and runtime is only about 35min, but many people love it. I haven't followed all the talk about the regulation, so others are better to comment there.

F-Mini - A version of the D-Mini...I forgot the exact differences. Sorry.

LP-Mini - A shiny version of the D-Mini. I don't know much about this one, so others need to reply. I think it's made of a different material. Looks purdy.

LM-301 - A 1xAA LuxIII light with low and high stages. Very low priced and an amazing bargain. Output is similar to other 1xAA LuxIII lights (around 20-30 lumens).

LM-302 - The 2xAA version of the 301. Same traits and same great bargain.

LM-303 - The 1x123A version of the 301 and 302. Same traits, great bargain.

That's all I know. Other CPFers please correct my mistakes. Lumapower has grown so fast that I haven't been able to keep up. It seems they offer the best mfg quality of all the Chinese brands thus far, eeking above Huntlight and Fenix.

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello, jayhackett03,

good question there, and some excellent answers already. Let me add a few things:

• The D-Mini is what Lumapower likes to call the "throw monster", the M1 has plenty of throw but much more runtime, and it's a great formfactor too and very robust and tough intended for outdoors use
  • Right now you can buy the M1 but only from existing dealer stocks, it has sold out from Lumapower direct, and more will be produced by end-March
  • The F1 is more of an indoors light, it just now started shipping and it's designed for good looks
  • The M3 is promised to start shipping soon (maybe 2 weeks or so?) and is designed again as a kind of indoors rather than outdoors EDC but with a lot of functionality, as it will come with 1xAA, 2xAA, 1xCR123A battery tubes, has more than one control option (clicky and momentary?) and apparently can also alter its focus
  • There is a bigger light (DX1?) which will over the next few months come out in a big throw version (the "RV" model), of this only very little information has come out including some beam shots from Lumapower.
  • all of these by the way are very popular not only because of their good construction but also because the company has been very fast in incoprporating the latest, strongest, and most efficient LEDs, the CREE family (XREs and Seoul P4's). So you get the most output and greatest runtime possible (in various combinations).
  • Plus the company is very active here in CPF and listens to suggestions from various knowledgeable posters, and seems to have a very flexible engineering department that will do what is feasible from the engineering department.
  • Finally, on price they are not the cheapest by any means, but generally they are in the ball-park of other manufacturers' of similar lights and definitely cheaper than SF.
On finding information, you are right it can be difficult to find it on Lumapower's website. I have maintained an M3 summary thread over in the LED forums, you can check there for all relevant information we have which I and others have been cutting and pasting to keep together, there is an F1 thread and several related manufacturers' threads.

Chao

Enlightened
I have D-mini and M1, they all throw monsters, just no fantastic multi-functions, but it's fine to me.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashy did a very good job summerizing the Lumapower line. I currently have a D Mini and REALLY like the output it has!!! The throw will amaze pretty much anyone you show it to because of the small size of the light and the INCREDIBLE throw!!! I have to admit though after the disapointing runtime graph which showed no regulation at all on the primary CR123 cell I have since thought about selling it and replacing it with a M1 which has very very good runtime and good output as well.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some Lumapower Lights.

Left to Right, DX1, LM302, M1, D-Mini, F1 and LM303

dsc03942smallle3.jpg

Left to Right, DX1, LM302, M1, D-Mini, F1 and LM303

dsc03945smallig3.jpg

Marlite

Enlightened
Hi jayhackett03

You have received some very good explanations of Lumapower lights by JSR (Post #6)who said "I don't own a Lumapower (yet)" and I am following most offerings but not all, but wrote knowingly and covered the lineup very well as always.

flashy bazook (Post #7) who did us all a favor by consolidating the upcoming M3 Transformer info and maintaining the M3 Summary Thread. flashy bazook are you sure you joined just last month, you sure learn fast.

Be sure to check out Chao's fine work in (Post #9) click on his links for excellent information and a very impressive list of Lux readings and telling beamshots of D mini and M1 vs an excellent array of top rated lights.

The M3 (Bot?) Morphing Robot, 3 in 1 and all purpose inside and outside light with the 3 levels and with the focus factor supplanting many lights in one blow. The M3 as a companion to the D Mini or MI should serve well anywhere.I like pocket carry and M3 is in my vision.

Thanks to everyone and CPF,
Cheers, marlite

LGCubana

Enlightened
adirondackdestroyer said:
Flashy did a very good job summerizing the Lumapower line. I currently have a D Mini and REALLY like the output it has!!! The throw will amaze pretty much anyone you show it to because of the small size of the light and the INCREDIBLE throw!!! I have to admit though after the disapointing runtime graph which showed no regulation at all on the primary CR123 cell I have since thought about selling it and replacing it with a M1 which has very very good runtime and good output as well.

Chevrofreaks's runtime on the D-Mini sold me on the light & AW's RCR123a combo.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/152224

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
by the way, Quickbeam just added reviews for the Fenix LxD CE series so now you have runtime and lumen overall/throw data to compare against the M1 and D-Mini so you can be very scientific about how you compare all these lights!

we don't have equivalent data for the F1 and the M3 (of course, the M3 isn't even out yet). For the F1 we are told that it is about 70 lumens in the new cree version from MattK (who is a dealer for the US market). That would mean it is a bit weaker than the max output in the Fenix L2D CE and P1D CE and about equivalent to their medium-level outputs.