Real Simple Magazine covers flashlights!!

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife got a gift subscription to Real Simple Magazine for Christmas, as one of her relatives knew it was something she'd pick up from time to time and thought it'd be a good gift. I grabbed the mail on my way home and saw that the newest edition had come, and listed on the from was "Plus the Best", where they review different items and make recommendations. Flashlights were listed and I chuckeled, figuring on some goofy stuff that, well, should be chuckled about. I was super impressed when I found Inova and Surefire being recommended as lights that people should own!!

A+ to Real Simple Magazine!!

A link to the online version of the article is here

Alternately, you can go to realsimple.com and search for flashlights. The article you'll want to read is from March 2007 issue.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
My mom showed me this on Monday when I was at the 'rents house. She said, "Oh, I meant to show you this, they list a bunch of good flashlights and I thought of you."
I saw a dynamo light and kinda rolled my eyes, then saw the 6P and was impressed they'd recommend a Surefire!

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL it's the best light out of them all but they aren't "normal" so the 1 horu life and the odd batteries are hard for them :shrug:

Illum

Flashaholic
ACMarina said:
I dunno, I could keep one in my glove box.. I'd keep my McLux PD in my pocket, though ;)

I hear ya..im not bashing surefire but... :sweat: I just dont like the idea of leaving lithium primaries on the car...let alone an enclosed space like the glovebox thats not onlt warmer than the interior on hot days....if it starts a fire I wont know about it until it burned through

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had CR123s in my glove box for over 10 years now with no issues - as always, though, YMMV.. ;) :p

greenLED

Flashaholic
Illum_the_nation said:
I hear ya..im not bashing surefire but... :sweat: I just dont like the idea of leaving lithium primaries on the car...let alone an enclosed space like the glovebox thats not onlt warmer than the interior on hot days....if it starts a fire I wont know about it until it burned through
I've had an Inova 24/7 and some spares in there for a couple of years now. A car would need to get extremely hot to ignite batts.