Anyone slapped a Seoul in a Kroma?

Sable

Enlightened
Hey all,

Anyone put a Seoul P4 in a Kroma yet? I note with great interest that the U2 seems to have been succesfully modded (long as you use 3.7v Li-Ions!) to host the SSC device, with the accompanying pleasant rise in output.

Considering that the U2 is a LuxV beast and presents its own special challenges to work around (like the high Vf that the driver expects in the LED) and the Kroma is a Lux-3 version...seems like the Seoul Swap might not be that tough?

Addendum: Depending on a number of factors (like if I can get one, and how well I like the passaround unit), I might like someone to crack open a Kroma-MILSPEC and give me a little more light...

rscanady

Enlightened
I too am interested, but am actually more interested in replacing the IR 3mm LED in my Milspec with UV. the Seoul is an interesting idea though.

Ryan

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been wondering when/if SF will change the LED in the Kroma to a Cree or SSC. They've already made the change with their other TIR lights. I'm assuming they didn't make the change on the Kroma since it's release was so close to the release of the new LEDs and they had already invested so much in the Kroma that they need to get some return on it before they upgraded it.
It'd be nice to see in the aftermarket tho.

rscanady

Enlightened
I have all the parts for mine and will be probably attempting the transplant this weekend.
And will be documenting it in the other thread where I have pics already.

Ryan