FourSevens        

Thread: Fenix Price Rise After Chinese New Yr

Banned

Sigh Fenix Price Rise After Chinese New Yr

I've just checked the Fenix Website and saw that their CREE lines have gone up couple dollars, if you didn't jump into the bandwagon at first when lights became available now you'd pay few extra bucks.
    Wonder how much will be the next lights...
    L1D CE was $51.00 -----> now $54.00
    L2D CE was $52.50 -----> now $55.00
    L0D CE was $42.40 -----> now $44.00

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Fenix Price Rise After Chinese New Yr

Buy Luxeon Based Fenix

Be sure to check other fenix vendors like lighthound and brightguy. Their prices have stayed the same.

Enlightened

I ordered mine from SeriousLights.com free shipping as well

Yup, I got bitten by the price rise, I was on the fence about the fenix lights, and decided to go ahead and get one, paying more when i did it.

Unfortunately they are also out of stock on some, and I now have to wait for them to get back into stock also!

-KS
    Kydex Secrets
    Expect to see a kydex sheath for the new fenix as soon as i get it!

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Senses
    I ordered mine from SeriousLights.com free shipping as well
    How do you get free shipping? It says $5 shipping with order over $40.

Its only a few $ so i dont really care about it:P

Banned

How much do you suppose it costs them to make per unit?

Quote Originally Posted by InfidelCastro
    How much do you suppose it costs them to make per unit?

Good question.

Some Chinese products are made by slave type labor - so for those the overhead is smaller. Hopefully people making the Fenix lights are free to work there or not and are getting paid a good wage in Chinese terms.
    Last edited by MountainMan; 02-24-2007 at 07:40 AM.

Flashaholic

I'm gonna say it straight up. {censored} Fenix! Their lights are getting so {censored} expensive. I
    remember the days when their lights were $40 & under. Nowadays it seems evrything is above
    that. They are straight up price gouging.

I rather spend my money on chinese lights elsewhere such as DX,Kai,etc. At least most of their CREE&SSC are priced $25 and less.
    Last edited by The_LED_Museum; 02-24-2007 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Censored some toliet words.
    |MagROP 2C| |Aurora AK-P7 SSC-P7| |EastwardYJ U2-Styled| |CREE DX Headlamp| |Elly CREE| |P1-Clone CREE|

Banned

Agreed. $55 is ridiculous for what you get. I payed that much for my new Inova T4.

The Fenix's have even got the same half a cent circuit board that's in every other chinalight. What's the point of paying the premium?
    Last edited by InfidelCastro; 02-24-2007 at 07:44 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by beefy6969
    I'm gonna say it straight up. {censored} Fenix! Their lights are getting so {censored} expensive. I
    remember the days when their lights were $40 & under. Nowadays it seems evrything is above

I rather spend my money on chinese lights elsewhere such as DX,Kai,etc. At least most of their CREE&SSC are priced $25 and less.
    Yeah {censored} them for wanting to make money! How dare they raise the price when people are willing to pay!?

Seriously who are we to say what they should charge? If people are buying the products at the higher price, of bloody course they'll keep pushing the price up to see how far they can go. They would be stupid to do anything else. You don't think SureFire and other high end manufacturers have a pretty darn good margin on their lights?

Vote with your wallets and stop whining like little kids, jeebus...
    Last edited by The_LED_Museum; 02-24-2007 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Censored some toliet words.

Somebody's gotta pay for the New Year party!

Banned

Ohgeez Re: Fenix Price Rise After Chinese New Yr

Quote Originally Posted by Robban
    Yeah {censored} them for wanting to make money! How dare they raise the price when people are willing to pay!?

Seriously who are we to say what they should charge? If people are buying the products at the higher price, of bloody course they'll keep pushing the price up to see how far they can go. They would be stupid to do anything else. You don't think SureFire and other high end manufacturers have a pretty darn good margin on their lights?

Vote with your wallets and stop whining like little kids, jeebus...

Who are we to say? This is a discussion forum and we'll bloody well say what we feel like saying. Sometimes I feel like I'm reading one long infomercial for Fenix. Is it okay with you if we dare say what is on our minds? jeez.
    Last edited by The_LED_Museum; 02-24-2007 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Censored a toliet word.

I generally agree, but in the case of DX/Kai, those prices are unbelievable for what you get in my opinion. I suspect they have almost zero profit margin though -- and I wouldn't be surprised if they have to raise prices down the road to stay in business. Of course, even if they raised their prices on most of their merchandise by 50%, they would still be hands down cheaper than elsewhere.

Buy Luxeon Based Fenix
    It's quite possible they made the pricing shift to try to get rid of some of their Luxeon merchandise -- if they've been selling out their Cree items and their luxeon stuff is sitting on the shelf, they'd rather charge a bit more for the Cree and get more people to buy Luxeon stuff for the same old price as before, than drastically cut prices on Luxeon.
    Last edited by The_LED_Museum; 02-24-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Censored some toliet words.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by eggoo
    How do you get free shipping? It says $5 shipping with order over $40.

serious lights

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by InfidelCastro
    Agreed. $55 is ridiculous for what you get. I payed that much for my new T4.

It's even got the same half a cent circuit board that's in every other chinalight. What's the point of paying the premium?
    no offense but whats the point 4-6 times the price of a fenix spending on a surefire? do you really think (or anyone else for that matter) that you get a 4-6 times better lamp? come on....

regards, holger

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45
    no offense but whats the point 4-6 times the price of a fenix spending on a surefire? do you really think (or anyone else for that matter) that you get a 4-6 times better lamp? come on....

regards, holger

The most expensive Sure-Fire I have cost around $190, an M3 Combatlight. Most equivalent Sure-Fires are not $220 - $330 on the open market.

Fenix's are okay, I've owned a few, but I wouldn't want to trust my life on it. What do I do, if I want to have a tactical momentary switch? How about if I want a momentary + clicky?

How about if I want to run an incan lamp in it. Can I do that? What if I want to switch to a different LED easily?

How about the finish? The finish on my Fenix's have shown signs of wear and the holster was falling apart after light use.

What about if I want to clip it to my pocket? How's the warranty service going to be on your L1P? Can you even find compatible parts anymore? And we're talking about a light that's not even two years old.

I guess you can look on the bright side, if you ever want to get high without spending any money you can always sniff the inside of your Fenix.

Unenlightened

Value is decided by the purchaser. If you feel that paying $200 for a Surefire is a value, then it is. If you feel that paying $55 for a Fenix is a value, then it is. Price is really a non issue. To me a light is a tool, if that tool does what it is made to do and makes my life easier, then it doesn't matter if it cost $200 or $55 dollars, it has paid for itself the first time I use it. Now if I am just going to shine it at wall, then value takes on a different meaning......

I had noticed that, There are still some dealers who sell them for less

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mnj
    Value is decided by the purchaser. If you feel that paying $200 for a Surefire is a value, then it is. If you feel that paying $55 for a Fenix is a value, then it is. Price is really a non issue. To me a light is a tool, if that tool does what it is made to do and makes my life easier, then it doesn't matter if it cost $200 or $55 dollars, it has paid for itself the first time I use it. Now if I am just going to shine it at wall, then value takes on a different meaning......

I have some Dollar Tree lights I would like to offer you for the low introductory price of only $200 apiece.

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45
    regards, holger
    I look at the quality of my L4 and then look at the quality of my Fenix P1D CE and think that heck no, the Surefire is not 4-6 times a better lamp than my Fenix...it is 100 times a better lamp. Construction quality speaks volumes about the lights. Of course, this is IMHO, but I doubt you would find many folks who would be willing to say their cheap Fenix is as good as or better than their Surefire. If they do, they are lying. Period. Two different lights ($70 vs $150), but the way people hold Fenix up around this board, my statement could be wrong.

And yes, I consider myself a sucker for buying the Fenix @ $70. Anybody interested?

Smile Re: Fenix Price Rise After Chinese New Yr

As they say, Vote with your Wallet. If you think it's too high, then don't buy. If you really want it, then you are going to have to pay for it.

As time goes on, almost every company has to raise prices for whatever reasons. Do I like it? No. Am I going to stop buying? Probably not. I see everything else going up in prices, from gas to grocery items. Am I not going to buy because of the higher prices? You tell me.

Have a good day!
    Last edited by rookie; 02-24-2007 at 08:23 PM.

Flashaholic

Lets not involve Surefire in this discussion. We already know where that leads to.

This thread is about chinese lights and how Fenix is price gouging. I say we boycott Fenix. LMAO $75 for a P1D CE.
    |MagROP 2C| |Aurora AK-P7 SSC-P7| |EastwardYJ U2-Styled| |CREE DX Headlamp| |Elly CREE| |P1-Clone CREE|

Banned

They still don't put any decent knurling on them either. The L2T was a very mild improvement over the L2P, but still too slippery I say. Especially on the head and tailcap.

All Fenix seems to know how to do is change the shape of the light a little bit, swap in another cheap emitter and now circuit boards and raise the price by $20-$30.

I have to give them props though for being one of the first to have XR-E based lights.
    Last edited by InfidelCastro; 02-24-2007 at 08:26 PM.

I can't believe the drama in this thread. There is no such thing as price gouging for flashlights. Fenix is not a monopoly, nor does it sell an essential item like gas, nor does it owe each and every one of us the perfect flashlight for cheap.

I think we should be helping people get what is right for them, because people are different; and not trying to enforce individual opinions what constitutes the best light on others.

Banned

Fenix will never be surefire and surefire will never be Fenix they are totally different companies, these Fenix are nice lights for the average user.
    After browsing the market i can see that Lumapower, REX, Jetbeam and few other have better deals than Fenix because you basically are getting the same thing except for the logo and the flashlight shape.
    You know how chinese people are. They like to copy each other so there is basically no innovation it all goes down to who makes gives the best value.
    Like someone said above $70 for a P1D thats gotta be LMAO for a ringy beam, i already felt robbed by getting the L1D but lesson learned (never buy any flashlight b4 seeing the beamshots).
    CR123 Tube for L1D may be in another lifetime, Nobody will create competition within their own business if you want a CR123 then you'd have to go P1D.
    OP reflector may be later whn all current stock gets depleted.
    Thats how Fenix support their loyal customers who swears for them.
    I have no problems paying for quality. I own surefire M6, L2, E2E, M3, G2 and few others.
    People realize that $50 for a light is a lot of doe, its half months a chinese worker's salary. Fenix is like surefire for the chinese people. Now you tell me that if you were to spend half month of your salary you would be happy with the current L1D line. I'm not saying that they should be as husky, reliable, shockproof, water tight as surefire but a nice touch, good handling and decent beam is what you least can expect. $50 is still a weeks worth of grocery for the average person here in the US.
    Last edited by greenstuffs; 02-24-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Wow, a 1.9% rise in prices...

What happens in a rapidly growing economy?

Como se dice... "adjusting prices for inflation"

Quote Originally Posted by greenstuffs
    You know how chinese people are. They like to copy each other so there is basically no innovation it all goes down to who makes gives the best value.
    I think you just insulted an entire nation......

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by patycake57
    I can't believe the drama in this thread. There is no such thing as price gouging for flashlights. Fenix is not a monopoly, nor does it sell an essential item like gas, nor does it owe each and every one of us the perfect flashlight for cheap.

I think we should be helping people get what is right for them, because people are different; and not trying to enforce individual opinions what constitutes the best light on others.
    +1