Dorcy 3 watt on sale

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&cat=Electrical+Shop&subcat=Flashlights+%26+Lanterns&pid=03493904000

As Groucho Marx said:
[size=-1]I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member.[/size]

But if any of you are in the Craftsman Club you will be able to buy this Dorcy for $19.99 instead of the $34.99 listed in the link.

I assume this wasn't posted since the current flier hit the mailbox because most here want Cree or similar high output lights.

Illum

Flashaholic
dorcy is supposely coming out with a Dorcy 3W that uses 6AAAs in a series parallel configuration...I suppose it would allievate the runtime issue

I dont know who came up with this driving 3W using AAA concept, but its :stick2:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it allows for a fairly convenient form factor for home use, but I think three AAAs is about the dumbest idea EVER for Lux III lights. 30 mintues runtime? That's just flat out silly. For a relatively under-driven Lux 1, then sure... it's OK, but for a Lux III driven anywhere approaching spec, it's just awful.

Edited to add:

They must be extremely cheap to produce though because nearly every low end brand has a ton of 3xAAA lights in their catalog.

Last edited:

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
dorcy is supposely coming out with a Dorcy 3W that uses 6AAAs in a series parallel configuration...I suppose it would allievate the runtime issue
6AAA?! At that size they should just make the light a 2C, a lot longer runtime, a lot cheaper batteries.

oregon

Enlightened
martytoo said:
if any of you are in the Craftsman Club

Can anyone join the Craftsman Club? What are the requirements? How do you join?

Thank you kindly.

oregon

Clickie

Newly Enlightened
I was just at Sears a minute ago and Dorcy has "70 Lumens" quoted on this light's packaging.... sounds like they took actual and times it by 2

Side Note: Does Dorcy have a new design for its little 1x aaa LED light they sell at WalMart? Out of the 20 of them that they had, all but one had the familiar rubber piece wrapped around the body. But only one had no rubber at all and was metal all the way down the body like a Solitaire. I wonder how this one escaped the factory unless its an old or new body style

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I think UnknownVT talked about it. Was either a 'girly' color? Either purple, pink or gold? They have a different package on some websites, but I think a few have slipped out inthe normal packaging.

How much are they at Sears? I've been looking to get a couple for my girls but haven't seen any at Walmart.