Suggestions needed

Secur1

Enlightened
Hi ppl :)

I am looking for a small light for my Mrs, she is a Dr and i finally convinced her to move up from the "averige" quality lights she uses for examining patients to something more dependable ;)

Here are the requirements

1) Single AAA cell.
2) 2 stage with the low being very low as to not blind her self or the patient when examining...
3) As much as possible guaranteed white tint.
4) No other modes ! 2 are enough for this particular use.
5) Something that looks a bit flashy as well, SS would be nice.
6) As small/slim as possible, with a pocket clip.
7) Tail clickie, but twistie will not be a deal breaker if it covers all or most of the above.

I was looking at the Aunoc AAA but it only seems to have 1 mode, so i am guessing that would be too much light for this application.
The Fenix series lights are also out of the running due to the various (useless for this application) modes.

So fire away :)
And please stick to the requirements listed, i know there are other lights out there with this that and the other but this is what i am looking for.

Thanks in advance :)

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix L0P SE meets as many resquirements as possible among lights currently available at reasonable cost.

Three modes of brightness, but no SOS or strobe.

Last edited:

Secur1

Enlightened
I looked at the Matterhorn too but it seems to be too bright for this application...

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it's availble in stainless.

Do you just want the stainless for the looks? Stainless lights in actual use are pretty heavy and don't conduct heat as well as aluminum. My ex greatly preferred the weight of the aluminum Peak lights vs brass for her keychain.

I mean, I'm not trying to talk you into or out of anything, but I'd hate to see you pay extra for something only to find out she would have preferred the cheaper but lighterweight version more.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Millermods 2 stage Arc AAA-P with 25mA low setting and 1.25 watt high for when a decent amount of brightness is required.

Unfortunately you will have to wait several weeks for one. He does fine work though

CFU

Edit may not be "flashy" but it oozes quality.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
Casual Flashlight User said:
Millermods 2 stage Arc AAA-P with 25mA low setting and 1.25 watt high for when a decent amount of brightness is required.

Unfortunately you will have to wait several weeks for one. He does fine work though
+1. Might take a few months to get, though.

LowTEC

Enlightened
I would also suggest a L0P-SE for your application, but if you need the extra "bling" factor for being a doctor's tool you can always polish it to look like a SS light

polish-1.jpg

Civictor-3.jpg

sorry, I couldn't resist :laughing:

LowTEC

Enlightened
soak your light in ez-off for 30 minutes, rub and rinse it, repeat again if there is any anodizing left. Be sure to wear gloves and don't breath in.

rinse and dry your light completely, and use some basic polish and cloth to rub it, or better yet, use a dremel or even a bluffing wheel. It's fun and satisfying, good luck

Secur1

Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys :)

I sent a pm to modamag for a custom built as well, if that pulls through then i might go into a golden plated one ;)

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "Draco" from modamag can be purchased with an AAA body,
the one in picture with "turbohead" has an AAA body, conveter uses Li-on and doesnt accept NiMH or Alkaline. The bodies are aluminum "chrome" plating and I have had one on my keychain for months with no wear. I would ask if Jon (modamag) could use a Draco body with converter to meet your requirement!
(I could easily make the small Draco with coins an AAA body by adding a "sleeve" provided) Good Luck
123584856-M.jpg

131198062-M.jpg

Draco thread

jeffb

22hornet

Enlightened
I would take a look at either the Peak Fujiyama or the Peak Matterhorn, both in stainless steel, both 1 led High Power. I do not think they would be too bright and yhe Fujiyama sure is classy! (and good)

Kind regards,
joris