Lighthound Cree Drop-in*UPDATE*

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I decided to try the Cree drop in from Lighthound for my Surefire 6P. It fits pretty well, the bezel doesn't screw down all the way, maybe 1/8 inch from the bottom. I compared it to a E2L with a Milky modded KL1 (UWAJ). The Cree is brighter. I havent done a runtime test to see how long it will run on a 17670 cell. The E2L has two new CR123 primaries and the 6P has the 17670 installed. the 6P with the Cree dropin is on the left.

99101136.jpg

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lighthound Cree Drop-in

That is quite a bit brighter...I would say just under 100 lumens going by what the modded KL1 should be. Impressive for the $$ :) I am interested in runtimes....keep us posted.

zx7dave

Enlightened

If you buy the Strike bezel from lighthound it is a bit longer and will screw all the way down while using your Cree drop in

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is this the same one as the Litemania Cree drop in? That was measured at around 640-ish mah. This one specifically states 750. If so, I may have to try one...

CLHC

Flashaholic

Wow—750mA! Don't know much about the "tech" aspect of it, but I wonder if it's as bright as my 3[M]ini.Mag? It does run a BBNG750mA sandwich and is pretty bright enough I must say!

Now this one's got my interested peaked. . .

defusion

Enlightened

It says it's for surefire lights, but will it fit a surefire M3?
I want a LED conversion for it, but i dont want to buy a $160 KL6 head for that if this could fit a standard M3 head.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does anyone know exactly what flashlights it will fit?

Even their website doesn't say! I will email them though.
Thanks,
Tanasit

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just received the drop in from DE.
doesn't fit in my black G2 but it fit in my Silver Ultrafire WF-501B.
It is the whitest tint so far with no rings.
The output with Soshine RCR123 3v is better that my Inova T3 on CR123 Golston.
Only Inova T3 hotspot is bigger than this drop in.
But this is the BEST bang for your buck so far!
Get it while it still there :)

kavvika

Enlightened

nanotech17 said:
doesn't fit in my black G2 but it fit in my Silver Ultrafire WF-501B.
Is the reflector too deep to fit? Does this mean it won't fit in the Brinkmann Maxfire either? :awman: I guess I'd be better off buying the BOG 3W and putting a Seoul P4 in it then.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast

i think the outer spring is too wide for the G2 or the G2 inner battery tube body is too small for this drop in.
That's correct with the BOG 3W and add a minor surgery to the emitter with the SSC P4 or Edison emitter would be voluptuous :)

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Clarence:

sorry to say this, but a Cree at 750mm and a 27mm reflectors is gonna slaughter your MMMag.

Now I'm just waiting for the SShop to come out with their Cree Sandwiches....

:whistling:

CHC said:
Wow—750mA! Don't know much about the "tech" aspect of it, but I wonder if it's as bright as my 3[M]ini.Mag? It does run a BBNG750mA sandwich and is pretty bright enough I must say!

Now this one's got my interested peaked. . .

JoeSnuffyII

Newly Enlightened

kavvika said:
Is the reflector too deep to fit? Does this mean it won't fit in the Brinkmann Maxfire either? :awman: I guess I'd be better off buying the BOG 3W and putting a Seoul P4 in it then.

Seems to fit and run in my Maxfire just fine...right from the git-go

No problems that I can ascertain so far....

Thinking about ordering another....

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened

I just did a current draw test to see if this thing really runs at 750ma, nope, 600ma with primaries and 660ma with a 17670. This thing would really shine with a full 750ma as stated on the package.

kavvika

Enlightened

JoeSnuffyII said:
Seems to fit and run in my Maxfire just fine...right from the git-go

No problems that I can ascertain so far....

Thinking about ordering another....
Thank you for the confirmation! I can't wait to get my paypal set up this weekend!:naughty:

Also, could someone tell me the difference between this drop-in, the Wolfeyes D26 drop-in, and that Soltek (sp?) that was sold a little while back (I can't find the thread)?

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast

ADDICTED2LITE said:
I just did a current draw test to see if this thing really runs at 750ma, nope, 600ma with primaries and 660ma with a 17670. This thing would really shine with a full 750ma as stated on the package.

I see that the drop-in is safe for 3.7-9V. Do you have any 3.7V RCR123's to try with the drop in? I am wondering that if pushed with more voltage, if the current draw would go up closer to the claimed 750ma?

I am ordering one of these drop-ins as well, and plan on using it in my C3 with 2x17500's. I do not have any way to measure current draw though :awman:

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Mine doesn't fit in a G2 eiter.
After removing the outer spring it fit the M2 head perfectly, but of course this head will eat a lot of the side spill because of the shock isolation making the module sit deeply hidden in the head.
It is relatively bright, but not a monster at all.
bernie

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

ADDICTED2LITE said:

Hmmm. Based on that I'd have to conclude its the same module Litemania was selling. Someone over in that thread measured the current and came up with 640-ish despite the product claim of 750. Seems kinda fishy to me...

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the reply from Lighthound:

It will fit below:

6P / 9P / 6Z / 9Z / C2 / C3 / D2 / D3 / M2 / Z2 / Z3

Depending on the exact size of your flashlight body the bezel may not screw down 100%, but it will screw down enough to be water-tight.