anyone use this instead of soldering

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
roadie said:
anyone use this instead of soldering

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_thermal_adhesive.htm

reviews needed :)

Negligible electrical conductivity:
Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive was formulated to conduct heat, not electricity.
NOTE: Even though Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive is specifically engineered for high electrical resistance, it should be keep away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. The cured adhesive is slightly capacitive and could potentially cause
problems if it bridged two close-proximityelectrical paths.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an adhesive that is user to attach LEDs to heat sinks.

I know that a product does exist that you can use instead of solder to attach really small parts to a PCB....Someone here probably knows what it is called.

Mac beat me to it. :)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitroz said:
This is an adhesive that is user to attach LEDs to heat sinks.

I know that a product does exist that you can use instead of solder to attach really small parts to a PCB....Someone here probably knows what it is called.

Look Up :)

Norm

Retired Administrator
Soldering isn't difficult get your self a good soldering iron some odd components, scrap PC board and wire and practice. Always heat the joint before applying solder, the solder should melt instantly when you touch the solder to the joint, leaving a bright shiny looking joint. When soldering a wire pre tin and it will be a lot easier to solder. You don't need lots of solder, when I solder a Luxeon the outline of the lead is still visible, use the thinest rosin core solder you can find, I have some that is less than 1 mm.
Look here http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/solderfaq.htm
Norm

roadie

Enlightened
yeah i seen that but couldnt find in singapore

but i can locate that silver adhesive from artic, in computer shops

:(

{norm} i know how to solder ! ........... i even have a roll of silver 3% solder with me .........
anyway, there are things which is best, not to solder with, like batteries ....... :)