weird food combinations

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was eating dinner tonight and it occured to me that I was eating two foods together that most people wouldn't necessary eat at the same time. I was eating pizza and baked beans. I've always liked the combination and I don't know why. My friends have always thought it was a little wierd.

But not as weird as some of the other food combinations I've eaten over the years. The one that's a family tradition from before I was born and continues to be popular with me, my parents, and one of my brothers is chocolate cake and dill pickles. I know it sounds gross, but they just taste great together.

One from my childhood was mayonnaise and sugar sandwiches. I haven't had one since I was 4 or 5 years old. I've thought it was gross since I was about 6 years old and I figure the only reason I ate them was because one of my older brothers did. I'd never eat one nowadays.

For years I've put a bunch of crunchy peanut butter in my ice cream. That's not too weird, but my friends think so.

I also like peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Not that weird, but not that common either.

What weird food combinations do you eat?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
All these things sound pretty tasty, but I'm not picky. I'll sometimes put some ranch dressing on leftover rice and heat it up. Smoked sardines and raw onion is good. And, of course, chocolate chip cookies and beer.

Geoff

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flying Turtle said:
All these things sound pretty tasty, but I'm not picky. I'll sometimes put some ranch dressing on leftover rice and heat it up. Smoked sardines and raw onion is good. And, of course, chocolate chip cookies and beer.

Geoff

Ranch on Rice!!
One of my favorite foods! :)

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big_Ed said:
I was eating dinner tonight and it occured to me that I was eating two foods together that most people wouldn't necessary eat at the same time. I was eating pizza and baked beans. I've always liked the combination and I don't know why. My friends have always thought it was a little wierd.

But not as weird as some of the other food combinations I've eaten over the years. The one that's a family tradition from before I was born and continues to be popular with me, my parents, and one of my brothers is chocolate cake and dill pickles. I know it sounds gross, but they just taste great together.

One from my childhood was mayonnaise and sugar sandwiches. I haven't had one since I was 4 or 5 years old. I've thought it was gross since I was about 6 years old and I figure the only reason I ate them was because one of my older brothers did. I'd never eat one nowadays.

For years I've put a bunch of crunchy peanut butter in my ice cream. That's not too weird, but my friends think so.

I also like peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Not that weird, but not that common either.

What weird food combinations do you eat?

It sounds like your pregnant! :thinking:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just remembered another combo I used to eat quite a bit. Mashed potatoes topped with apple sauce. mmmmmm! I haven't had that one in a while, but I regularly top my mashed potatoes with corn.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
65535 said:
Garlic Pizza with avocado on top...

That one actually doesn't sound wierd at all! I've never had it or seen it, but I can tell you right now, I'd like it! I think I'd add thin sliced tomatoes, though.

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
Panni with pineapple, cheese, Onion & Garlic

Or

Three Layer Sandwich with Ham, Honey, Tasty Cheese & every now and again a bit of mayonase.

I also quite like deep fryed fish and hokey pokey ice cream :huh2:

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
Coke & Milk. Make sure you put the coke in the glass first and then add the milk.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wutda said:
Coke & Milk. Make sure you put the coke in the glass first and then add the milk.
my mom used to do the same, but with DR. Pepper instead of Coke.

I always like putty ketchup on my mashed patatoes, as long as it also had white gravy on it, mix it all up till it is about pink then enjoy.

another one i like is crutons dipped in chocolate pudding. you find a lot of wierd likings at school.