P1D CE - What's wrong with it?

okashira

Newly Enlightened
Ive read in a few places that people feel the p1d ce is a rip-off.

ive done a couple comparisons, for example p1d ce vs the ORD RAW/ NS

compared with the orb, the P1D CE is,
-waterproof
-cheaper
-just as bright or veeery close
-more brightness modes. proper regulations vs a resistor
-only slightly larger
-battery life is far superior 2x - 3x
-uses a long shelf life battery (important to me.)

now is there another comprable light to the P1d CE?!?
there are a number of people that have bitched about the P1D CE - but not where they should be doing so - in the thread for the light itelf! I respect your opinions, so let me hear it.
please, voice it! I have just ordered mine, and I still have time to cancel.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find that it is a great light, the only gripe is that Cr123 Cells can be very expensive and hard to get in some parts of the world, thats why many of us go for the Fenix L1D AA

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I love my P1D CE. I bought two 3.0V rechargeables and a smart charger for it so I don't need to worry about using it whenever I want. There are apparent dark rings when white wall-hunting, but they're no problem in real-world use. I've given away my older L1D and L0P to family friends. Mine exhibits none of the thread slop that some earlier P1Ds have. I think you'll be happy with yours.

jnj1033

Newly Enlightened
I love my P1D CE. Oh wait, someone already posted that. Oh well; I still love it. Bright, versatile, and no thread slop. It rides on my belt or in my pocket depending on the situation.

Just one question, PhotonBoy: Do all the modes work with your 3.0V rechargeables? I've heard that they function differently than on primaries. That's the only thing that has stopped me from getting a rechargeable setup.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
i have one and love it to. most of the complaints that you'll hear about it are form people that are comparing to surefire's and custom lights and no it wont look all that great compared to an aleph or McCree but hey those are 4 times the price of a p1d ce if you compare it to something in its price range nothing can match its performance or quality.

dlittle3

Newly Enlightened
I use rcr 123's 3 volt protected and rotate cells, charger works 110/230 volts
Worldwide I find the P1D-CE a perfect EDC

okashira

Newly Enlightened
Wow, good to hear. Thanks everyone.

I'll be sure to pick a different light if I decide to go 'wall hunting.' :laughing: :laughing:

Looks like I'll keep my order.

I understand the problem with the batteries. So, i ordered a batch of 4 online - with a 10 year shelf life, they should last a long time.

BTW, the best flashlight ive ever had is a years old maglight D cell and 2 AA cell. I hear this one is a little brighter...?:whistle: Looking forward to trying it (on my keychain.)

liteglow

Enlightened
I have the P1D CE, and I must say it`s the best light I ever seen.....
And yea I have seen alot of flashlights ;)

I did buy a pack of 50pc of battery from ebay (hong kong) :D for a very very small price...
So I use the light as much as I need it, without thinking of battery...

But rechargable battery sounds like a idea (I think I want to save the nature ;) )

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
jnj1033 said:
Do all the modes work with your 3.0V rechargeables? I've heard that they function differently than on primaries. That's the only thing that has stopped me from getting a rechargeable setup.

Yes all modes works fine with 3.0V LiIons. Great improvement:thumbsup:

Best regards

____
Tom

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
All the light's modes work with the protected 3.0V cells I bought. Only downside is that the rechargeables have approx. 700 mah rating compared to most single cell non-rechargeable capacities of 1300+ mah. I've got that base covered too; I have a couple of spare non-rechargeable cells just in case.

LightScene

Enlightened
I bought a big batch of CR123's so I would have all the modes available, but I still like to use RCR123s. With an RCR123 it becomes a simple on/off light, and it's very bright, but you're not worried about having to throw away a used battery every hour.
And I agree, it's a lot of fun to play with.

PB92

Newly Enlightened
I believe that if Fenix originally came out with the P1D CE with a clicky sales would have doubled. To recoup they should offer a body w/clicky.......Kooter I think made one, don't know the cost, interested in it though...........

jled

Newly Enlightened
P1D CE is an excellent light. If it had a 20% lower medium and 40% lower low it would be perfect.