Is half the internet down?

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
That kinda sounds likes a dumb question, but I can only get to about half the sites I usually check out... I can get here, eBay, and dslreposts, but can't get to photonlexicon, diy-street, or aol, and one of the speed tests at dslreposts is saying "connectivity problems". I'm just curious if it's my connection or if anyone else is seeing similar issues...
au.gif

WNG

Enlightened
Cheney accidentally tripped over the SONET trunk line from AT$T that's feeding our emails to the NSA. It became unplugged. "My bad!" exclaimed Tricky **** II.

;D

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who occasionally notices this strange internet behavior. About a week ago I found I could only get to about half of my favorite sites. After an hour, everything was back to normal.

The weirdest one was my e-mail. I could pull down my yahoo mail but I couldn't access my own ISP pop account. Go figure.

Illum

Flashaholic
check the earthquake hotspots...remember some months ago an earthquake hit Taiwan and we lost connection to all the chinese servers...

this may be the issue somewhere here:ohgeez:

photonlexicon.com is hosted on Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_throttle/3.1.2 DAV/1.0.3 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a PHP/4.4.4 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e in San Jose, California by New Dream Network Llc

Perhaps their servers currently down?