Magcharger Battery Questions

PeterS

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I'm a bit new to this forum, so please forgive me if the following questions are a bit... basic, but I'm in need of some assistance:

(1) I am currently modding my Magcharger into a MC60. I've read in other threads that using the Nimh 1/2D cell NiMH (3500-4000 mAh) batteries will significantly increase runtime when using the WelchAllyn 01160 bulb. Question is: can these Nimh batteries be charged in the flashlight like the stock Nicads or do the new batts require a new charger?

(2) I'm told that the MC60 will run approximately 1/2 as long on stock batteries as a standard Magcharger. Does anyone with an MC60 know the approximate run time with the Nimh batteries?

Also, just as a bonus question... does anyone have any beam comparison photos between a stock Magcharger and an Mc60 or an Mag85? Thanks in advance for the help!

- Peter

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
PeterS said:
Hi everyone. I'm a bit new to this forum, so please forgive me if the following questions are a bit... basic, but I'm in need of some assistance:

(1) I am currently modding my Magcharger into a MC60. I've read in other threads that using the Nimh 1/2D cell NiMH (3500-4000 mAh) batteries will significantly increase runtime when using the WelchAllyn 01160 bulb. Question is: can these Nimh batteries be charged in the flashlight like the stock Nicads or do the new batts require a new charger?

(2) I'm told that the MC60 will run approximately 1/2 as long on stock batteries as a standard Magcharger. Does anyone with an MC60 know the approximate run time with the Nimh batteries?

Also, just as a bonus question... does anyone have any beam comparison photos between a stock Magcharger and an Mc60 or an Mag85? Thanks in advance for the help!

- Peter

you are forgiven. i'm new too, and have an 1160 and mica heat shield on the way. i can soon report on comparison with magcharger60 vs roar of pelican vs mag85 cause i'm building all three.
but i want the same answers so i wanted a little bump for us both.

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some answers for you:

PeterS said:

You can use the same charger. Don't leave it on for more that 24 hours

20-25 minutes

No beamshots. Good, better, best

- Peter

Latest posts