Surefire colors question

ScumNL

Newly Enlightened
It's almost my birthday(10th of march)and i want to buy a new light, ive chosen for the C2 and i think im going to buy it with a KL3 led head.

I found a few ones that had a nice price(around 80-90$)but in the pictures the hard anodized ones look like they are desert tan but in collection pictures e.d they look more like od green.

Anyone have a good pic of a HA flashlight next to a black one or can just tell me they are not desert tan?:drool:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Natural HA looks different under different lighting conditions. Also, various components are different shades/hues since HA is a performance growth not a cosmetic finish...
P206.jpg

P282.JPG

ScumNL

Newly Enlightened
Ok thanks for the pics, i thought it was like desert tan/light brown cause on some pictures it was clearly brown.

like this:
c2ha_full.jpg

but it more green/gray aight?

thanks again;)

LiteFan

Enlightened
What is that first light in the first picture, looks like a 1 cell defender?

Size15's

Flashaholic
HA looks different colours depending on the lighting it's viewed under and the camera settings etc etc. It'll hardly ever be a perfect shade match from one component to the next.
Just check out this merry lot:
alkl32.jpg

In my in my post above with the four, single SF123A lights the black one is an E2d bezel and TailCap (in Black HA) on an E1-BK (which is standard black, not Hard Anodised).

BBL

Enlightened
as far as i can tell, surefires 'ha natural' was brown a few years back and is more 'ha gray' today.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I do have a very old M2/C2 that is almost brown. Then HA went slate gray - very dark grey. Then there are some parts which have almost green hue.
Bottom line: It varies.
Al-bzls.jpg

al-Eclasscollection.jpg

Shelby Chan's photo from yesteryear shows how camera & lighting can really bring out the differences:
DSC0600223.jpg

'cos in this photo the differences aren't nearly as obvious:
DSC02554.jpg