Brightest LED Floodlight?

Supernam

Enlightened
I like floodlights... They're so useful! I really enjoy my Inova X5's. What is the most powerful LED floodlight? SF L4? What else? Are there going to be any cree powered floods?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully someone more knowledgable that I can chime in here but I think a large part of why the L2 and L4 have such wide hotspots is because of the actual die of the Lux V emitter. I don't know how practical it would be to make a Cree- or SSC-based light have as wide of a hotspot as the L2 or L4.

I have seen any lights with Crees or SSCs in of McGizmos reflectors though...

On the other hand, the Crees in general are so much brighter than the Lux Vs at similar heat levels, that a lot of times the spill beam of the Cree will be almost as bright as the hotspot of a Lux V... It's just that if the hotspot of the Cree is radically brighter than the hotspot of the Lux V, the spill may seem less impressive than it actually is.

If that makes any sense.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
The floodyest light I have is electrolumens ,My little friend.Its a tri lux that runs 4aaa,I get 2 hours on low and 30 min on high. High is 216 lumens.It has a 10 deree optic and a 45 for max flood. I dont have any other lightlike it.If Im doing any work under the sing plumbingetc,its the light i always grab,perectly flat for tailstanding.It will also light up the whole road if using as a walking light.

refractrfractal

Newly Enlightened
On the cheap and floody side, Dae's site sells the 21 led MEK. It's designed for 2 cr123a batteries, but if you put rechargables in it instead it becomes quite the light blaster.

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/21....html?osCsid=81b5bbc7ad1c4f8a57c52b182ae6ba67

Pro: it's less than $10 (less than $9 if you get two) shipped, and extremely ruggedly built. (Thick aluminum)

Con: It gets very hot with rechargable batteries, and the 5mm leds tend to start burning out if you let it run too long at one time. (I have two: one has lost only one of its 21 leds, the other, which got turned on in my pocket once and I only shut it off when I felt a burning sensation on my leg, has lost 3 )

8^)

Latest posts