NiteIze AA Mag Upgrade Combo

k1rod

Newly Enlightened
I bought a couple of these and installed one. It went in very tight and I had to push it somewhat to get it in. I then tried to uninstall it and reinstall the original bulb. When I did, the original bulb no longer made good contact. It was sloppy and no longer held tight by the wire grabbing type socket. :awman: It seems that the wire gauge on this upgrade must be heavier than the original bulb and that when you install the LED, you damage the wire contacts enough that you cannot go back to the original bulb. Anybody else experience this?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've installed about 12 of them in Minimags and Quest Minimag knockoffs and to be honest, I've never tried to go back to an incand bulb. I've probably switched two or three over to SMJLEDs after the Nite Ize and haven't had any issues between those two.

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
I did not have that problem. I did the niteize led in a few minimags and went back to the incan fine in 2 of them and I havent tried it in the third. Bummer that it didnt work for you.
Dave

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed the same when I installed the Terralux upgrade, it does not bother me
as I am not going to use Bulbs again

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have only put the upgrade in a couple of my MMs, so it doesn't really matter to me if it messes them up as far as putting the stock bulb back in, because I have several "stock" ones left that I never use anyway...but...I just checked the one I have sitting on the computer desk and it has the same problem you mentioned. The original bulb no longer makes good contact.:thumbsdow Guess Nite Ize shouldn't state that it's totally reversable.:tsk:

Oh well, good thing I don't plan to revert it to stock anyway.:grin2: It works for what I use it for with the upgrade.

I haven't really used it that much since I got my 3W 2AA MM LED anyway. I'm still considering upgrading one of my old ones with a Terralux though.

adnj

Enlightened
I didn't happen for me BUT you can put a very slight kink in the stock bulb leads to make it work.

k1rod

Newly Enlightened
Thanks folks for checking. It appears that sometimes when installing the mod, there is no going back (easily anyway). -Regards