This forum is expensive!

zarj

Newly Enlightened
I found this forum (and flashlightreviews.com) whilst looking for information on the Minimag 2AA LED a couple of months ago.

I now have a Surefire A2 Aviator sat in my pocket (great light!) and have just ordered a 9P and KT2 turbo head. I have a funny feeling a A19 extender and MN60 bulb will be following at some point.

And yes I did still buy a Mag AA LED as well because it was cheap.

Where will this all end......

Colin

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all WELCOME TO CPF!! and do enjoy your stay.......

See that you are into Surefires, excellent!! Look around, there alot on offer in the B/S/T sections...........just watch your wallet...he...he..he

cutlerylover

Banned
Welcome to CPF! Yeah flashlights to me are like chips, you can't just have one...lol, I remember thinking ok, Ill buy myself one really nice light and thats all, yeah right! lol...

zarj

Newly Enlightened
Danbo said:
True; it is expensive. It gets worse, if you're like me and also collect knives, guns, coins, etc...

Luckily for my wallet I'm in the UK so I can't collect guns (I probably would if I could though!).

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
zarj said:

..... in divorce..... or at least a pissed off wife..... :grin2:

Just kidding.....just remember to take it in stride.... and have fun with this stuff.

Welcome to the forum!

:thumbsup: WP

zarj

Newly Enlightened
jumpstat said:
First of all WELCOME TO CPF!! and do enjoy your stay.......

See that you are into Surefires, excellent!! Look around, there alot on offer in the B/S/T sections...........just watch your wallet...he...he..he

I'm very impressed with my Surefire, the quality is quite incredible compared to other lights I've seen (mostly Mags to be fair), the machining etc seems to be flawless. It's served me well already over the last week or so at work and at home. I fancied something with a bit more throw and that I can try a few lego experiments on which is why I ordered the 9P and TH.

cutlerylover

Banned
zarj said:
Luckily for my wallet I'm in the UK so I can't collect guns (I probably would if I could though!).

I collect flashlights, Knives, Zippos and other zippo products, magazines, pens, hats, books, and novelty lighters...I love guns, but I can't imagine starting on guns now...If I did I would only be able to look at them, and read about them, I couldn't afford another hobby any time soon...

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
zarj said:
...just ordered a 9P and KT2 turbo head. I have a funny feeling a A19 extender and MN60 bulb will be following at some point...

Colin

Welcome aboard!

I turned my 9P into a poorman's M4. My $64 dollar light ended up costing me close to $500 with all the extra's. Lets see MN15s, MN16s, MN60s, SC2s, SC1s, A19, beamshapters, lanyards, batteries, pelican cases, KL3, replacement 9P for when I travel...

Get out now while you still can!

kelmo

cy

Flashaholic
yep... that's why the std cpf greeting is "welcome to cpf and hold on to your wallet" :D

zarj

Newly Enlightened
kelmo said:
Welcome aboard!

I turned my 9P into a poorman's M4. My $64 dollar light ended up costing me close to $500 with all the extra's. Lets see MN15s, MN16s, MN60s, SC2s, SC1s, A19, beamshapters, lanyards, batteries, pelican cases, KL3, replacement 9P for when I travel...

kelmo

Yikes! Like you I got the 9P for a cheap option, I'll have to be carefull. Still it sounds like you have a combo of parts for just about any occasion!

iapyx

Enlightened
kelmo said:

kelmo

No, it´s too late.
I started in January here with a simple question.
And see, now I´m ordering accessories to make a M@g11, M@g85 and own one of fivemega´s deep bezels, golden socket and a MOP, ordered one of Kiu´s sockets, WA batteries, litho123 bulbs and lenses.

So, welcome to CPF and see you the couple of years...

Mars

Newly Enlightened
It all started with a power cut (sub-station fire serving the local area) which made me drag out my old 6D Mag. I had transferred the batteries to my son's "toy" torch so I went out to buy a few sets "just in case".

I refreshed the Mag and the other rather rubbish torches I had lying around (and was surprised that, even though I hadn't come out of the closet as a Flashaholic, I had 14 variants of portable light emitters around the house) and almost left it at that. But...

... within 3 days someone on another forum (car-related) mentioned his love of torches, and what LED's he was using to replace the bulbs. This stimulated the "upgrade" part of my brain.

I replaced the Solitaire bulb with a LED (very effective) then tried to do the same with the 6D but it was no improvement. The LED went into the toy torch whilst discussions on that car forum pointed me to FLR and CPF. Within minutes of reading a FLR review of the P1D-CE (loved it but was too "fat" for me) I had a L0D-CE on order and after a few more evenings reading CPF I had various parts to ROP my 6D also on order. The Pelican bulbs arrived today and although I'm still waiting on the delivery of a 5Mega combination reflector, I've been blasting the house with "searchlight" rays this afternoon. I expect the reflector will dribble out of the head sometime soon.

So far this has cost me no more than about 50 quid (I won't keep records - just in case "she" finds out) but I don't expect it'll end there. I fancy a HID in a small housing similar to the Mag (which I still think is a timeless classic design) and note that Mini-HIDs are sold here. It's only a matter of time before I submit... :sigh:

Last edited:

keysandslots

Newly Enlightened
Yup, I'd agree. I already have too many hobbies, with the keyboard playing, slot car racing, model railroading and motorcycling. I figured I have a problem and started getting rid of some slot car and model railroad stuff, and then comes that fateful day when I can't find my Maglite. So I do some research on flashlights, just for fun, find this forum and end up ordering an A2, D-Mini and TwinTask 2L. I hadn't even received the A2 before ordering the other two. And it looks like I'm going to order some of those SafeLight things.

Despite all my whining 'though, this forum is a great resource.

Randy

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
Welcome aboard!!

I lurked here for awhile just gathering intel. I finally bought my E1L a few months ago intending to finally have ONE good pocket light that would cover just about all my EDC needs and be versatile around the house, on the job, in the car...you get the idea. One light...HA!

It wasn't long before I purchased a 3P from a forum member (which arrived this weekend), and over the weekend I bought a NIB A2 from another forum member, and a NIB E2E that I could NOT pass up from a local dealer. I'm still in the market for a P1 and a good HID spot. Amazing...my ONE pocket light has turned into an entire menagerie of flashlights. Now I actually have to sit there and look at them all and try to figure out which one(s) I may need that day.

Hmm, so on any given day (with some "lego-ing" necessary for some), I can carry:

3P
6P
E1E
E1L
E2E
E2L
A2
G2
various Mini M*gs
various 2-6D cell lights

I actually have TOO many, that's the only thing I can think of to explain why I have to sit there looking over the collection to decide what to carry each morning (that...or maybe.....maybe I just haven't found the ONE perfect light yet. Yeah, that's it....just don't tell the better half!!) :whistle:

The search continues...

LightInDarkness

Newly Enlightened

kelmo

kelmo has said it all in that simple warning. The addiction is far worse than nicotine or heroin or any other habit forming substance. Heed kelmo.....Run, Forrest, run !!!!

Last edited:

k1rod

Newly Enlightened
zarj said:
I found this forum (and flashlightreviews.com) whilst looking for information on the Minimag 2AA LED a couple of months ago.

I now have a Surefire A2 Aviator sat in my pocket (great light!) and have just ordered a 9P and KT2 turbo head. I have a funny feeling a A19 extender and MN60 bulb will be following at some point.

And yes I did still buy a Mag AA LED as well because it was cheap.

Colin

Amen brother. I found this forum a month ago when my most expensive flashlight was a 3D Mag LED. Since then I've lost my mind. I now own an M6-CB, Kroma Milspec, (2) G2 Nitrolon's, a P4 Cree Huntlight, (144 ) 123A batteries, and I am looking at a U2. It would have been cheaper if I just went to Vegas. :grin2: -Regards