• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS. USL (price dropped)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
My USL came in the mail the other day, and I'm in a position where I need money more than another "torch" (get it?).

For those of you who don't know what a USL is, it's essentially a very, very bright flashlight, that puts out enough power to cook eggs, light cigarettes, and perform a variety of other useful tasks (including seeing in the dark!).
More information can be found from here.

I'd like to sell it with the Triton charger, for $400 shipped. (was $420)

Check or Money order is greatly preferred, but I can probably do PayPal if need be...

Last edited:

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: FS. USL

I will also sell the light and charger separately if need be. I'd have to have the light sold before the charger though, if that were the case.

Sorry numbers, I guess I'm just not as crazy as I seem :p

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Hey will, sorry about the long reply, I haven't had a chance to check back here.

As far as the specs, I'm actually not 100% sure, but have the information hopefully incoming.
I believe it it somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000lumens, and at a runtime of approximately 12 minutes.

It does look just like an ordinary maglite (black) but has a switch with switchguard where the normal switch would be.

Here is a picture borrowed from xpitxbullx's thread, hoping he doesn't mind...
usl.arrives.jpg

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, I don't think we have a list of specs consolidated into one single location. Since there was a lot of discussion during it's development, though, just about everything about the USL can be found in the threads that are listed in the USL Thread Index in my sig line.

Highlights include

100W 62138 HLX Osram bulb driven by an 11-AA NiMH welded pack
high current rocker switch
camless aluminum reflector
10-12 continuous minute runtime (give or take a minute or two)
longer runtime when used in multiple, short periods
Compatible with fivemega's FM3H & FM3H-2 head

Last edited:

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
Man...if i only hadn't just bought a bunch of lights i'd be all over this. Shouldn't last long. TUBE where are you ? lol :laughing: