e-cell rechargable batteries

Flashlight Enthusiast
:anyone: does anyone know if there are any problems using these new e-cell batteries in lights like my fenix l2d ce will it cause any problems, my job is selling them and i wanted to know if anyone has used tehm they are seen on www.notabattery.com

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks and smells like marketing hype to me. If you could get a pair and do some runtime tests, self-discharge tests, and your own thoughts I'm sure there are many here who would be very grateful.

Flashlight Enthusiast
i did order those batteries for myself, just got to wait a week for them to come in, though as far as testing goes that i would be new at, runtime wont be that hard, the rest iam to retarded for maybe

Led_Blind

Enlightened
I am a little dubuious when the site has no real information about them.

WHat is the terminal voltage, capactiy.... etc

Edit - after reading the faq i am more confused. To me it reads like this
Question: Why are your e-cells better
Answer: Because they are.

Eagerly awaiting real information on these new batt.... i mean e-cells.

Last edited:

Knighthood

Newly Enlightened
This site said "The E-cell is a hydrogen based enclosed fuel cell employing the same advanced technology that powers the automotive industries hybrid vehicles."

The only problem is all the hybrid car is using nickel metal hydride battery as far as I know.

It would be interesting to open an E-cell to see if it really is hydrogen or "GASP !!" nickel metal hydride battery !! :lolsign: :whistle:

And I agree with the other - no hard data like you normally do with other battery company.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I listened to the sales Promo, it makes these cells seem larger than life,
If its a fuel cell how come it uses electricity to charge it, a true Hydrogen fuel cell uses liquid Hydrogen to charge it.The only Hydrogen here are the gases given of as with
most cells.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
look right here at this chart. These numbers don't lie :sssh:
kinda wierd how the 2500 mAh battery lasts longer than the 2700mAh battery
ecellcopytc5.jpg

Clearly the E-Cell is superior because it is.

Anyone else think the voice over is from the same guy that narrated the valance safion battery video?

KydexSecrets

Newly Enlightened
I hope no-one is doubting the marketing hype, They wouldn't lie to us to sell a product would they?

Flashlight Enthusiast
does anyone think if i put these in my fenix l2dce would it f**k it up, if i twould then i will try them in a cheap o light like my mini mag to see what happens

Led_Blind

Enlightened
276 said:
does anyone think if i put these in my fenix l2dce would it f**k it up, if i twould then i will try them in a cheap o light like my mini mag to see what happens

i doubt it... but wait for more information like terminal voltage etc.

Led_Blind

Enlightened
TORCH_BOY said:
I listened to the sales Promo, it makes these cells seem larger than life,
If its a fuel cell how come it uses electricity to charge it, a true Hydrogen fuel cell uses liquid Hydrogen to charge it.The only Hydrogen here are the gases given of as with
most cells.

The only explanation to the using electricity to recharge is that it uses electrolysis to reclaim the hydrogen from the water waste.....

That brings up all sorts of other issues relating to hydrogen storage etc. . .

I want FACTS :)

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their reference to 'solid hydrogen' gives it away to me. Just to be a liquid Hydrogen needs to be 423° below Zero and pressurized. What they are trying to fool you with is that it has a hydrogen absorbing alloy IMO. That is to say it's just a NiMH battery with a twist on the terminology to make it sound 'New' and 'better'. :shakehead

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed the e-cell company with a few questions including one asking if their e-cells were essentially a NiMH battery. Will post reply if/when I get one.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
276 - just check the voltage on these when you get them. If they are not over 1.5 or 1.6 volts you should be safe. My guess is they will be 1.2 to 1.3 or so volts as other NiMH batteries are.

LEDependent

Enlightened
carbine15 said:
look right here at this chart. These numbers don't lie :sssh:
kinda wierd how the 2500 mAh battery lasts longer than the 2700mAh battery
::image clipped::
It's a high-current chart - I'd expect the lower-capacity cell to last longer in this case. That might tell you something about the E-cell if it lasts even longer than the lower-capacity...

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'll have the batteries by next thursday

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The claims and mumbo-jumbo on that site looks so slimey, I'd suggest cleaning your keyboard and mouse after visiting it :D

It just plain borders on fraud if it doesn't clearly cross over the line.