Any 3P LED options that actually work??

zx7dave

Enlightened
I am trying to find a LED drop in option for my 3P. I plan to run non-rechargeable batteries in it so I am limited to 3 volts.
So far I have tried a newer model KL3, the 1 watt G&P LED drop in, and the Cree P4 LED dropin that Lighthound offers. None are anywhere close to the output of the G&P G30 traditional bulb.
I would really like to find a LED for this as I like the white light, and also since the 3P was discontinued quite a while back it is very possible that Lighthound may discontinue the G30 LA.
Any ideas from fellow CPFers?

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be wrong but I do not think you'll find much if you stick with primarys. I run
the G&P drop in w 3.7 Li-ion and it works well. Beautiful beam and nice and bright.

zx7dave

Enlightened
Marnav1 - Thanks for the response...I have never used rechargeable batteries. I assume the physical demensions are the same? What is the recommended mAh on the 3.7 Li-ion? Any recommendations on a brand? Charger? I am kind of dumb on rechargeables as most of my use for lights it is easier to use disposables. But I am now trying to get a little smarter...From looking at the Lighthound website it seems that I would need the unprotected version which gives me the 3.7 V I need as compared to the protected which is only 3 volts. The interesting thing is that Lighthound didn't seem to have a charder available for the unprotected batteries. I welcome your comments.

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shoot John at Lighthound an email explaining which parts you will be using. He has
everything you need and is a great person to deal with as well. I just bought some
AW protected Li-ions from him and they work great in my 3P. G&P 3 watt drop in
and charger I got from there too. I took the stock bezel off and put on a different
one to keep it nice. I stole one from a G2z. Then I put a clickie on it, nice little
light. I want to buy 1 more 3P and I will find one eventually.

zx7dave

Enlightened
GeorgePaul I have 6P's coming out of my ears, but only 1 3P so I want to keep the stock 3P short stubby look.
Marnav1 - I appreciate your advice. I will give him a call.