Idea for a SF mod--your thoughts?

tomcat017

Enlightened
Hey Everyone,

Well...I was thinking about doing a real basic mod (drop in type stuff) to build a light for a friend. Wanted to use a SF G2 or 6P (not sure which yet), the new WE D26 cree LA, a nice UCL lens from flashlightlens.com, and convert to rechargeables. That way I'd have nice regulated bright output, long-lasting LA, free lumens, with a lanyard solution, and possible HAIII. Haven't researched the rechargeable options yet, but what do you think? Think it will work? Any improvements? Want to build it for a LEO friend--goal is to stomp the Strion :xyxgun: if possible. Thanks, and all the best!

-mike

Scattergun

Enlightened
If you go for the 6P you won´t have to buy the lens.... already pyrex...but only HA II...

tomcat017

Enlightened
Hmm...we'll, its gonna be the 6P then. I would prefer HAIII, but out of my price range. Any idea how bright the WE Cree will be? It's rated at 130 lumens, but doesn't specify whether that's bulb or torch. Hoping to outperform the Strion....

tomcat017

Enlightened
hmm...well, I posted over in Glen's WE cree thread, and it seems that the WE cree drop in is roughly the same output as the D26 incan. Does anybody know of an LED dropin out there that can outperform the WE D26? Looking for a bit more brightness. :naughty: Though the WE cree should be acceptable, since it will have a bit more flood than my 6M turbo head.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking into a tri cree LA but it isn't going to be easy. But it would offer 630 bulb lumens. Est. from cree numbers. A seoul based LED LA would probably work well when drive and around 1 amp.

tomcat017

Enlightened

Thanks. You mean a Seoul LED drop in would outperform the cree D26? Hmm..I'll look around for 'em. Do you know of any? Really could use some more lumens...:grin2:

65535 said:
I have been looking into a tri cree LA but it isn't going to be easy. But it would offer 630 bulb lumens. Est. from cree numbers. A seoul based LED LA would probably work well when drive and around 1 amp.