Can Surefire U2 stand on it's tail?

U2Lover

Newly Enlightened
Hello there, I just found this amazing sight! *yay* I'm going to get a Surefire U2 because I LOVE the unique variable output and forward clicky. Brilliant U.I!

My question is, does anyone know if the light can stand upright on it's end - like a candlelight? I examined the U2 photos but the switch seems a bit protuding. Hmm.. maybe when it's switched on, the switch igets 'flat with the body' and it can be upright? Can somebody tell me please? Thanks. :bumpit::bumpit:

tenfour

Newly Enlightened
it does NOT stand on its tail. however Nekomane made a bunch of tailguard replacements which solve this "problem". I use one and love it. Search the forum for z58 tailguard.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pop out the lens on a F04 beamshaper, place on the tail and it will let the U2 tail-stand and function normally (Jars3d).

RPM is making a custom tailcap for the U2 with a McClickie and tail-stands also...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
An F04 costs quite a bit more than those anti-roll rubber lens covers the AA MiniMag uses...they might fit, I can't get to mine at the moment to check out.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a handful of tailguards left.

They are not sold out but I just don't have the time to keep a sales thread open in a responsible manner.
Please email me (addy is in profile) if you are interested.
I may not be able to respond immediately, but within a day or 2. Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts