Streamlight Syclone and 4AA ProPolymer bulbs: Interchangeable?

Matt-man

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks,

Does anyone know if the Syclone bulbs can be used in the 4AA Pro Polymer, or vice versa? I'd like to use both lights in earthquake preparedness kits and keeping spares would be much easier if I could use one type of bulb for both lights. I checked Streamlight's web site and while they have specs on the Syclone bulb, I couldn't find any such info on the 4AA PP bulb.

Thanks

Matt

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt-man:

For what it's worth, in another string from the past week or so someone observed that the form of the SL 3C bulb was identical to that of the 4AA.

I've never seen a Syclone bulb, however. It's interesting to note that Lux Luthor has said he' almost certain that the 1.10 A PT Surge bulb is a T 1 3/4 also.

I bet a Surge Bulb in a Syclone with Nimh's would quite interesting.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lemlux:
Matt-man:

For what it's worth, in another string from the past week or so someone observed that the form of the SL 3C bulb was identical to that of the 4AA.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. You will blow SL 3C bulb in SL4AA with alkalines. Unless you use NiMH batteries, even if so, make sure the batteries is not freshly charged. It might not be a good idea for earthquake kit setup.

Alan

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alan:

You are right, of course. The 3C should only be used with Nimh's in a 4AA configuration, and Nimh's don't make good earthquake lights because of the rapid self-discharge. I was thinking that, but neglected to mention it.

I was thinking not of what Matt-man was looking for, but what how his question made me think of a way to make a syclone more interesting. I should have mentioned that he was tangentially inspiring me and that my comment was not an earthquake kit suggestion.