Fenix P2d-ce

Robatman

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I'm pretty new to this world, and really only have one decent LED (Fenix P1) and a few chinese imitations, and I'm seriously tempted by Fenix L2D CE (2xAA).

However I was wondering if Fenix ever thought of doing a P2d cree using 2x cr123a's? anyone heard anything or think its a good idea?
(the numerals/designation is my guess at what it could be called)

Thanks
Robert

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I understand Fenix didn't even want to get into the CR123a market because they prefer more common and easily found AA and AAA cells.

That said, I too would like to see Fenix get into the 2x123 size market using a buck/boost circuit to handle 1x18650, 2xCR123a and 2xRCR123. With buck/boost they could implement lower levels and have them work with the higher voltage. Right now with their 2xAA lights the input voltage can be higher than the LED voltage at the current they are wanting to drive it at, and since they use a boost only circuit it makes the circuit run in direct drive mode until the voltage drops enough to be boosted/regulated.

Hello Fenix, are you listening? ;)

LightScene

Enlightened
chevrofreak said:
From what I understand Fenix didn't even want to get into the CR123a market because they prefer more common and easily found AA and AAA cells.

That said, I too would like to see Fenix get into the 2x123 size market using a buck/boost circuit to handle 1x18650, 2xCR123a and 2xRCR123. With buck/boost they could implement lower levels and have them work with the higher voltage. Right now with their 2xAA lights the input voltage can be higher than the LED voltage at the current they are wanting to drive it at, and since they use a boost only circuit it makes the circuit run in direct drive mode until the voltage drops enough to be boosted/regulated.

Hello Fenix, are you listening? ;)
Even with only 1 RCR123 they are in direct drive mode. Please Fenix learn to control rechargeable lithium ion batteries. You know, the kind used in almost all new consumer electronics devices.