There are more but I'm late!

john

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Also, flashlight-related stuff:

John Willis' holsters & bags
Pelican cases (not lights)
Otter cases

A good idea might be for you to log everything that we're saying, and update your first post - I've never seen such a single resource on CPF - could be cool! :thumbsup: :shrug:

john

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
Inova - Some
Which Inovas are not? All mine (including AA and AAA Radiants and AA Victorinox) had a "Made in USA" proudly printed on the package or manual.

Streamlights are not all US made. The Night-Com I have is made in China.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
Inova - Some
Princeton Tec - Some
Maglite
Arc
McGizmo
Modamag's Draco
Data's Spy 005 & 007
Endeavor's CR2 Ion

There are more but I'm late!

john

Hi john,

Which ones of the Inovas are not US made? The designs from US right?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you'll find that all of those brands are now forced to use some imported components. Especially items like rechargeable batteries and bulbs.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is only their industrial lights; those that are commonly used in the public safety arena that are Made in the US, and even those contain foreign components. Some of their mid-range consumer products (e.g. SLPP series) are assembled in the U.S. from both domestic and foreign sourced components, the lower priced consumer products are all produced and packaged in China.

elgarak said:
Streamlights are not all US made. The Night-Com I have is made in China.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Streamlight, their "tactical" series is made in the US (TL-2, NF-2, TL-3, Scorpion). Others aren't.

Regarding Cree and Luxeons...sorry, those aren't made in the US either. Virtually no semiconductors are made in the US. ALL the components used (the driver IC, uC (if there is one), diode, inductor, cap, etc.) are made overseas also.

I'm also interested to know which Inovas aren't US made.

cyberindie

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know where the Nighthawk Gladius is made? I checked mine and it's box and no mention ( which usually means Made In China )

Size15's

Flashaholic
jsr said:
Regarding Cree and Luxeons...sorry, those aren't made in the US either. Virtually no semiconductors are made in the US. ALL the components used (the driver IC, uC (if there is one), diode, inductor, cap, etc.) are made overseas also.
Are you 100% certain of this?
I thought that at the moment until demand increases Cree's XR-E is made and assembled/packaged in the USA.
LumiLeds Luxeon's are part-made in the USA and finished/assembled/packaged in Malaysia.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Guys -

Regarding the Inova's

I thought that some were made in the USA, and some weren't... I looked into it, and the only one that's not "Made in USA" is the T3, which says that it's "Assembled in USA", so the parts were made elsewhere.

So I'd pretty much say Inova's 99.9% Made in USA.

Sorry for the confusion! :)

john