I thought it was over...

sunglob

Newly Enlightened
It started quite innocently - a chance purchase of a no-name LED light, a couple of Lucido LEDs, and a Lightwave. Then I found CandlePowerForums, and was lost.

There was a CMG Infinity (with the bouncing battery), then the Ultra. Some PaLights, numerous Photon 3's, a CMG Reactor (weird), and then on to Arcs. A selection of AAA Arcs, Arc AA, and finally an Arc LS rev2. Then a diversion with some LED Lensers. Eternalights were interesting, (if strange), and of course I needed a Surefire, so settled on the E2E with KL1 LED head. So it must surely be finished? No - I then I then spotted an Inova XO (early version) which was a admittedly a bit disappointing, then the Inova T2. I had to see what the shakelights were like (wish I hadn't), and had to get a couple of Maglites just to prove how good the LED flashlights were! In between various no-name cheapies, and I still needed some headlamps, so sampled various Black Diamond and Petzl. (Petzl E+Lite very impressive).

So, it should have all been over - a good collection, and surely, nothing more to follow? Then sadly I heard the name Fenix, and CREE, and was doomed! So followed a Fenix L0D-CE, andFenix L1D-CE. The rest of the story you can guess.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darkaway said:
Resistance is futile.

I get rather good results with resistance in my mods :)

Buy a light that you can drop in the next generation of bulb, battery and switch, reflector as needed. the rest is just a metal tube

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful post! Reminds me of someone I know...

Is that a Darlek avatar? What kind of lights did they use. Some kind of clone lights, no doubt.

sunglob

Newly Enlightened
Not sure of the lights, but the Daleks made the message clear:

"Resistance is futile/useless"

But I think we already know that!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could always try buying the really cool and really expensive customs, first. *Maybe* then, just maybe, you'll loose your appetite for many of the cheap disappointments. It could end up saving you a lot of money.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
sunglob said:
There was a CMG Infinity (with the bouncing battery)

To stop the battery from moving in the Infinity or Infinity Ultra I wrap the battery in a Post-it note that I trim to fit. It works great!

r0b0r

Enlightened
Trashman said:
You could always try buying the really cool and really expensive customs, first. *Maybe* then, just maybe, you'll loose your appetite for many of the cheap disappointments. It could end up saving you a lot of money.

Or it could be a little like suggesting heroin to get over a pot addiction :p

Sure, you might leave the former behind - but now you might get hooked on more expensive things!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
...and as for the new led's ...

'My vision is impaired!! I cannot see!!!' (spins round like a top and expires with cascades of white foam...one for the Whovian CPFers )

Hey, Sunglob, Why were you away for so long? Are you telling us that we only get temporary remissions from this light fixated loveliness? There is no cure?

Good grief... it's just what I expected...Good job and hooray for us!!:rock:

Altogether now :grouphug:

More news in 180 Rels!

...be lucky

sunglob

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I was in remission for a while. I did think I was cured.

But the flashlight collection was never disbanded - or far away!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It never really ends. I've got my eye on the "improved" SF L1. And I'm an incan-man...