Nextorch Magic Max 1 W Flashlight

Good value for the price?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zipit

Newly Enlightened
What do you think of the Nextorch Magic Max 1 W Flashlight? Seems like you get a lot for $44.95. I look forward to the comments.

http://emilionworkshop.com/oscommer...id=28&osCsid=3e59992602d13931817f6b6577f281f8

Dual type of battery accepted. 1 x CR2 for compact and light weight, of 2 x AA for long runtime and rechargeable solution.

Compact ‧ Lightweight‧Longlife in 1 package.

CR2 battery carrier
Waterproof
Ultra Clear Glass Lens
Batteries Included ( 1 x CR2 and 2 x AA Alkaline)
Limited Lifetime warranty from Nextorch

Specifications
ITEM Nextorch Magic Max

Light source 1w Luxeon

Lens Ultra Clear Lens
Dimension 84 / 156 (w/ AA exten-tube) x 31 (bezel) X 21(body) mm

Available Color Black
Battery 1 x CR2 / 2 X AA (Alkaline/Ni-mh)

Weight 49 / 79 (w/ AA exten-tube) gram

Output 550 Lux (regualted)

Runtime 70+mins (CR2) 2400+mins (Soshine2500 AA Nimh)

Original Price $45.00-

Notes Reverse Clickie.

Last edited:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, this one is a much better buy:

Huntlight FT-02. Similar size (only 4mm longer), uses a more common (and lower priced) and higher capacity 123A cell, comes with all the accessories (AA tube, etc.) as the Nextorch, may have higher output, all for a lower price...$31, $5 shipping.

http://www.jsburlysflashlights.com/...ght_FT-02&cat=huntlight&catstr=HOME:huntlight

The Magic Max was nice in the day, but I think newer lights have come out that offer similar features at a better price point. The only feature I think the Magic Max has over competitors is the cap they provide to allow the use of the battery tubes as battery carriers.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
In December 2005 it was nice. It gave OK value back then if you just had to have a convertable light and liked the style of it.
Nowadays I see it as 5 year old LED technology with a warranty that becomes void the second you stick a RCR2 cell in it.
In it's CR2 format it looks a bit bloated in that it's bezel is more than 10% fatter than a Q3's bezel and it's only ¼ inch shorter in overall lenth than the Q3. That's one chubby CR2 flashlight.
Why cripple a light with a lower capacity cell if your not gaining very noticleable compactness?

speederino

Enlightened
LumenHound said:
In December 2005 it was nice.

That's when I bought mine. It might have been a good value then. I went through the process about two months ago of putting a McR-20 reflector and an SXOH star in mine. It is useful and makes light, I carry it in CR2 form in my coat pocket. Nowadays, though, I can't recommend this light. Too many better things out there in that price range.

With few exceptions, I find that there is a reason we don't hear a lot about certain lights (like this one, for instance). However, this does not mean the inverse is true. Some lights are not worth the attention that they get.

Bottom line though, if you think the MM meets your specific need, then what any of us think doesn't matter.