• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ******** The Mammoth ******** CLOSED

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
[size=+1]******** CLOSED ******** No more order please.[/size]

2R.jpg

1R.jpg

Hi Everyone,

As some of you are aware of this project development, here is the link to original thread. As far as the name goes, I would like to call him "Mammoth" after the name suggested by Long John. Thanks. :)

I will be offering Mammoth in three different configurations, which consist of head, body and 3 x 18650 battery holders. This is fot the head only. I will add other parts once I received quotation from CNC shop.

Head consist of head and lens and nothing else.

Material: 6061 Aluminum
Diameter: 113mm
Length: 116mm
Reflectors (not included): 7 x McR-27S or 12 x McR-19XR (estimated)
Lens: 89.5mm x 2mm Schott Superwite
Heatsink: Adjustable threaded body for various reflector sizes (up to your creativity).
Finish: Bare aluminum, HAII Black and HAIII Natural

Head will also fit M@g "D" as it has the same thread. If you already have Tri-bored Mag D and 3x17670 battery holders by Fivemega, you are ready for Mammoth.

CNC shop requested MOQ of 25pcs. To make this a reality, I would like to find out how many people are interested. [size=+1]"Serious inquiry please"[/size]. This is one run production only. Once the minimum order quantity is reached, I'll ask those stated interest for 50% deposit. Sorry I don't have cash outlay to get it started without your help :broke:

Price is $225.00 per head. Do not send payment at this time

Payment by Paypal cash or credit to nongvol1@asianet (dot) co (dot) th Credit card please add 4%

Shipping is by regular mail. Registered mail please adds $3.00 and I'll be responsible for lost mail should you decided to choose this option. Otherwise, I'm not responsible for lost or undelivered items.

I'll let this run for a while. If 25pcs MOQ is not met, sorry guys I'll have to scrap the project.

Cheers,
H22A

Last edited:

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ******* The Mammoth *******

Update: Mar 3, 2007

1. Nebula - head, body, battery
2. Sable - head, body, 2 batteries
3. kalthev - head, body, battery
4. MorpheusT1 - head, body, battery
5. Icarus - head
6. senorcosas - head, body, battery
7. glyphin - head, body, battery
8. cmacclel - head, body, battery
9. DFiorentino - head
10. tanasit - 2 heads, 2 bodies, 2 batteries
11. LuxTeon8 - head, body, battery
12. Porkgrisle - head
13. Rommul - body, battery
14. criollo - head, body, battery
15. 4sevens - 15 heads, 10 bodies, 10 batteries
30. Rookwood - head, body, 2 batteries
31. starfiretoo - head, body, battery
32. cm048 - head, body, battery
33. XFlash - head, body, battery
34. kakster - head, body, 2 batteries
35. Scythe rr - body, battery
36. jimjones3630 - 3 batteries
37. cnjl3 - body, holder

Total
Heads = 35 pcs
Bodies = 29 pcs
Batteries = 32 pcs

Please let me know if information is incorrect.

Thanks,
H22A

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened
Re: ******** The Mammoth ********

Setapong - I am in for one head, battery holder, and one body. I assume that your upcoming body will have the same options for bare or anodizing. Kirk

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast

Imagine what would happen if Icarus or Mac got his hands on one of these :naughty:

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

One head and one body please.

Better add a couple of batt holders too.

Last edited:

Sable

Enlightened

Well, I'm in for at least one head. Depending on what the body looks like (If it's substantially or interestingly different from a Mag), I may want one of those, too.

Customs Ahoy...

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

So the head by itself, with no reflector, is $225? This would be a great head for a hotwire with the right large reflector.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Put me down for one head, body (if offered) and battery holder!! :sold:

Karl

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

You know im in,

But some questions.

Will the 3x18650 Body/Battery holder be similar to the Tri-bored Mag D and 3x17670 battery holders by Fivemega?If yes im in.

In the other thread you talked about a Quad McR 27LXR head.Will you start another thread for this?

Benny

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

MorpheusT1 said:
You know im in,

But some questions.

Will the 3x18650 Body/Battery holder be similar to the Tri-bored Mag D and 3x17670 battery holders by Fivemega?If yes im in.

In the other thread you talked about a Quad McR 27LXR head.Will you start another thread for this?

Benny
+1 including the questions. :thumbsup:

glyphin

Newly Enlightened

Interested in head, body, and battery holder(s). HAIII Natural most likely.

Need to figure out exactly what configuration will let me run [edit: 12x] Cree's with adjustable current. NIMH AA's might be more desirable so I can standardize on batteries. Will the head/heatsink be able to dissipate all that heat from the LEDs?

Last edited:

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast

MorpheusT1 said:
You know im in,

But some questions.

Benny

Yes Benny, it will be similar to Fivemega battery holders. The reason it takes longer than expected is because I'm working on 2S1P (7.4V) design and switchable capabilities to either 3P (3.7V) or 3S (11.1V). It is much complicated than I anticipated and require helps from engineering students. :thinking:

The quad is already done but I'm afraid that it would create conflict between these two and MOQ 25pcs would not be reached. I will definately be offerring quad after this run.

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm definitely in for one. Heatsink is included correct? It would be nice if we could purchase an extra lens as well. I'll have to think about the exterior coating. I don't see the one coating I was really hoping for...:poke:

:)
-DF

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sable said:
Well, I'm in for at least one head. Depending on what the body looks like (If it's substantially or interestingly different from a Mag), I may want one of those, too.

Customs Ahoy...

Here is what body looks like attached to quad drive head.

11-1.jpg

Nebula

Enlightened

Setapong - Have you looked at how many McR-38s might fit in the Mammoth head? I know that the 38s are hard to come by but ...... one can dream!

Kirk

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nebula said:
Setapong - Have you looked at how many McR-38s might fit in the Mammoth head? I know that the 38s are hard to come by but ...... one can dream!

Kirk

Thank you Kirk for your suggestion. I'll have a look as soon as I get home tonight. :)