Jetbeam MkIIx - Getting Out of Advance Mode?

Tendermoves

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks,

I just got my first LED flashlight based on the positive reviews from this forum on Jetbeam. Probblem is this noob doesn't know how to get his Jetbeam MkIIx out of the advanced mode. Can anyone give me some insight? I saw a diagram posted about a week ago but can't find it with a search. :ohgeez:

Thanks!

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL

That's just too funny, a flashlight that is so complicated to use that you cant figure out how it works by yourself! :grin2:
Didn't they ship a manual with it?

Sorry that I jumped in your thread without helping you, but just thought it was too damn funny. And a prime ex of that flashlight UIs are becomming riddiculously complicated. :)

bray

Newly Enlightened
once u figure out how to get it back to general mode. the lights real easy to use... gotta love that immediate high followed by strobe

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Tendermoves, and welcome to CPF! Thats a nice light you got. I just got the Jetbeam C-LE, and I love the beam on that puppy, and while yes, the UI is a little more complicated on the MkIIx..... it does afford you lots of options..... and once you become familiar with it, it will become second nature. Have fun!

Derek

javafool

Enlightened
I got mine out of advance mode too, but damned if I know how I did it, LOL!!! Nothing shipped with the flashlight that gives any clue whatsoever how you are supposed to hold your mouth to make it happen.

mchlwise

Enlightened
javafool said:
I got mine out of advance mode too, but damned if I know how I did it, LOL!!! Nothing shipped with the flashlight that gives any clue whatsoever how you are supposed to hold your mouth to make it happen.

:crackup:

It's your tongue. You have to hold your tongue just right.

:grin2:

Tendermoves

Newly Enlightened
OK guys! Thanks for all the feedback. Now can someone please tell me how to replace the rubber tailcap. Again I saw this before on the forums but now can't find it.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's the same as the MkI, then you have to remove your tailcap, look inside and you should see a retaining ring with 2 holes. Use a needlenose plier and 'plug' it into those 2 holes and unscrew the ring. Then you should be able to access the tailcap rubber easily.