So what will fenix come up with next/what do we want?

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix usually are first with a product and then the rest of the commpetition comes up with something similar a month later. The natural evolution of the P1D CE was an AA-version Cree-light, but what's the next step? It feels like Fenix are coming up with something new soon (not that I'm saying that they have to or are slow) going by the previous speed they have released products.

1. A budget single lvl output cree version of P1D or LxD?

Not sure that this would have such high demand since they might be too bright with no option to dim it, but you never know.

2. Luxeon versions of the LxD?

Same thing here, cant see the point.

3. Budget two stage versions of their current multi lvl Cree-lights.

I know that I would love a two stage L2D with a bezel twist, with another word, a L2T/L2PV2 with a cree and none of the nonsense.

Some assecoires would be nice also, like diffusers or extra large head for throw.
Any other ideas, guys? Or insights. :grin2:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some way to know if the batts are running low...could be as simple as a couple flashes every minute or so. This way we could change to a lower level rather than run the risk of no light.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
My two suggestions:

1. A 1AA light that is also rated to run on Li-ion 14500--at several levels. This gives more flexibility (although I really like my L2D-CE and don't think it needs changes).

2. A programmable UI flashlight that has interesting but not too complicated program capabilities and a simple default setting. It should also allow you to start up the next time on the mode you ended and, of course, not cost an arm and a leg.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Twisty head Seoul lights with no more than 3 levels. Better smooth reflectors (no machine marks) and natural HAIII anodizing.

And while they are at it, shrink the P1* back to it's original size.

AArcVarc

Newly Enlightened
I would like a combination light, whistle, knife, compass, pen, fork, scissors, electric can opener with GPS tracking and a seperate toothpick and tweezers that can run on triple As, Double As, 3V, 6V, 9V and 12V. And a tiny signalling mirror with a plug in jack for am/fm broadcast radio, matches compartment, snake bite kit, sting relief and water purifier. With a clicky, twisty with non accidental deployment and low batt indicator that can be placed in candle mode. Id like it mil-spec'd in Stainless Steel and cost less than $50 please. Oh, and I want it small enough to put it on my keyring.

Jasmes

Enlightened
Lobo said:
Any other ideas, guys? Or insights. :grin2:

I'd like to see an indestructable X5-esque Cree light... something that will never quit.

Jasmes

Enlightened
AArcVarc said:
I would like a combination light, whistle, knife, compass, pen, fork, scissors, electric can opener with GPS tracking and a seperate toothpick and tweezers that can run on triple As, Double As, 3V, 6V, 9V and 12V. And a tiny signalling mirror with a plug in jack for am/fm broadcast radio, matches compartment, snake bite kit, sting relief and water purifier. With a clicky, twisty with non accidental deployment and low batt indicator that can be placed in candle mode. Id like it mil-spec'd in Stainless Steel and cost less than $50 please. Oh, and I want it small enough to put it on my keyring.

Hell yes. :rock:

Calina

Enlightened
Include UV water purifier capability and a two way radio in there and I will surely buy two or three.

A single two way radio unit is not really useful, isn't it?

Last edited:

dulridge

Enlightened
AArcVarc said:

You lack ambition :) Where's the built-in cellphone and grill? :lolsign:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
- small headlamp and/or bike light (with helmet attachment option)
- get rid of the silly modes

Doubt they will get in to the headlamp/bike light market, would be a significant change for them, every light they made so far being an aluminium tube.

But getting rid of the silly modes. Oh God, YES! :)
Really hoping for a LxT with a cree, they can hardly make the lights more complicated than what they allready are.

Face

Enlightened
1 aaa (including 10440) Cree with just 1 "high" level <$30!

aceo07

Enlightened
AArcVarc said:

You're missing toilet paper dispenser..

stoven

Newly Enlightened
I would like a P1D style light powered by a CR2 with a Cree or Seoul P4. Also a 2xCR123 body with a Seoul P4 putting out 250 lumens.

Verve

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to see an LOD-CE style light with only (3) levels and Tritium locators.

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
A State of the Art LED, sinle cell, small, CR123 light with true variable brightness and brightness memory.

lukestephens777

Enlightened
I think they need something like a Cree Civictor, with current regulation!

Same build quality as a Civictor too, maybe have a tail cap clicky for just three levels, Low, Medium, High. Nothing else.