what the...surefire prototypes?

Illum

Flashaholic
yellow said:
these guys at the linked forum dont have much to say, dont they

;)

all they said was "production model not for sale" and some cheer responses:ohgeez:
Something tells me surefires protype models dont end up in private collections:ohgeez:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Nothing special about M2, M3 & M4 other than the finish (or lack of for the M4).
Appear to be one-offs from PK (see his sig on the old-style M3).
The 4th photo has an old Beast body (without the switch ring - it looks like the shell of the body) and an old proto-type concept that developed into the "MiniBeast" shown by PK at SS2006.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Mc Gizmo is a friend of PK, and he has shown quite a few of his Surefire prototypes at CPF get-togethers. His collection is astounding.

I believe that at one CPF gathering he showed us a prototype of the Beast before it was public. We had to swear that we would not discuss it.

Daniel

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Size15's said:
Nothing special about M2, M3 & M4 other than the finish (or lack of for the M4).
Appear to be one-offs from PK (see his sig on the old-style M3).
The 4th photo has an old Beast body (without the switch ring - it looks like the shell of the body) and an old proto-type concept that developed into the "MiniBeast" shown by PK at SS2006.

Whatever happened to the "MiniBeast" anyway?

batman

Enlightened
tell me about it,..i was going to buy a minibeast but they never finished it..oh yeah no i wasn't, unless it would be under 500 dollars. :lolsign:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size15's said:
"MiniBeast" continues to be in development.

Thanks for confirming this :)
Now all we can do is dream until next year.

:sold:

Uh i mean...

Santa i have been a good boy this year
:santa:

Benny

Size15's

Flashaholic
Illum_the_nation said:
so I guess the minibeast is utilizing the same body as the so mysterious hellfire's prototype body in 2003-04's catalogs:ohgeez:
No, not at all.
You can see the "MiniBeast" in the hands of PK at the SHOT Show 2006 CPF Party
_MG_7774.JPG

It's a three-stage push buttom pressure switch.
The body is a truncated triangular (tri-panel) design for ergonomics.

Another photo from www.PK-E.com
_MG_5075.JPG

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Size15's said:
"MiniBeast" continues to be in development.

I wonder if they gave up on it being HID based. I seem to remember PK saying he expects to see 500 lumen LEDs next year.

Size15's

Flashaholic
KROMATICS said:
I wonder if they gave up on it being HID based. I seem to remember PK saying he expects to see 500 lumen LEDs next year.
At SHOT Show 2007 PK said that the MiniBeast was still in development. Since it's HID output is in the order of 3000 lumens I doubt any LED or LED cluster can output like that. Swapping it to LED was never mentioned.