Just Bought A P1D CE Need Some Help Please

noorudeenshakur

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I just bought a P1D CE Off j2ledflashlight.com Im in Toronto so I went and picked it up from him.

My question is what type of rechargeable batteries can I safely use in this light if any?

He mentioned that some of them were capable of exploding and so he doesnt sell them and my best bet is to ask the pros in this forum, so Im wondering if you guys can help me out. I dont want to damage my baby :)

I'd like to be able to get full brightness (135) lumens if possible.

Thanks

Last edited:

Libbs

Newly Enlightened
I've been recommended AW brand RCR123 from lighthound.com
they are protected so nothing bad should happen to the batteries

fresh out of the charger you will get about 3.7v
it won't damage the light but you won't see the difference between normal and high stage, both will look high.

according to certain graphs I've seen, you will get roughly half the runtime from rechargeables, compared to disposable CR123A.
big deal, you can recharge them over and over

hope it helps

luminari

Newly Enlightened
You can also run protected 3.0v CR123as. I got a few from BatteryJunction (Tenergy brand). They seem to work fine, and the light works at all levels all the time.

Either way works. I haven't heard of anyone's P1D-CE dying from rechargeables yet, and they've sold like hotcakes around here. :)

noorudeenshakur

Newly Enlightened
Awesome! Thanks guys. The light is awesome for its size.

Unfortunatly my girlfriend has now fallen in love with it, and it looks like Im going to have to pick up another one lol. :)

Hey is there anything comparable to this in terms of size that actually can beat it with brightness and has the strobe feature? I love the strobe....it totally dazzles you and really makes this light tactical.

I'm new to this hobby so I dont exactly know what is out there yet. I was taken in with the 135 lumens specs this light boasted.

I like bright white light, strobe feature and high lumens in small size.

Ill likely pick up another one but id be interested to hear if there is anything brighter out there with a strobe comparable in size to this or even if its a bit larger wouldnt matter much.;)

Cheers

Noory

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there norudeenshakur, welcome to cpf, good to hear that fenix have brought you joy. Since you are planning to get another why dont you try the L1D or L2D from fenix also......good comparison wouldn't you think so?

noorudeenshakur

Newly Enlightened
I think Im going to pull the trigger and get another one.....lol

You cant go wrong with 2 :) Ill make a video of both of them running together for fun when I do!

:)

diesel_dad

Newly Enlightened
I have used mine with the AW 3.7V batteries. Works just fine. For the first while on a fresh battery, the medium and high modes are the same. Apart from that, it's great.

The only other light I have that's comparable is the Jetbeam C-LE. The finish is better and the ergonomics are better. It uses AA which are cheaper and more readily available. Also on initial GB, it was $28 USD.

That being said, I prefer a tail clickie to the darn twisties. I have an Amilite Neo T5 on order which should be really great. So many lights, so little darkness.