Problem with L2D CE

RMorton

Newly Enlightened
I received my L2D CE Monday. All 6 modes worked properly and I could see a difference between each brightness level.
This Light is Awsome!!!

I think the 40 lumen mode is not working now. I turn the light on low then I press the switch softly the light blinks but stayes the same brightness I press it again and it gets real bright, another press gives me S.O.S. then back to the low brightness.

I am using Energizer E2 Lithium batteries. I did put 2 new sets of new batteries in and it is still missing a brightness level.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

(I have just submitted an enquiry to the Fenix Store.)

Ricky

lumenal

Enlightened
I just recieved my L2D CE on Monday as well. I've used it everyday since. I just clicked through all the modes and it works flawlessly. Its a great light, I've had no problems with it.

I hope the issue with yours is quickly resolved. Keep us posted...

Last edited:

RMorton

Newly Enlightened
Well now it seems to be working fine. I now see a difference between each level. Was my eyes playing tricks on me last night? I'll post again if it stops working again.

veleno

Enlightened
RMorton said:
I think the 40 lumen mode is not working now. I turn the light on low then I press the switch softly the light blinks but stayes the same brightness I press it again and it gets real bright, another press gives me S.O.S. then back to the low brightness.

I am using Energizer E2 Lithium batteries.

Same experience. I am not sure to see difference between low and medium. :thinking:

(I have just submitted an enquiry to the Fenix Store.)

Let me know please.

Last edited:

veleno

Enlightened
I think I found the reason.
The Energizer E2 lithium batteries make the low level equal to the medium level. With the Duracell alkaline the first 2 levels are clearly different.

RMorton

Newly Enlightened
veleno said:
I think I found the reason.
The Energizer E2 lithium batteries make the low level equal to the medium level. With the Duracell alkaline the first 2 levels are clearly different.

Thats it. Thanks.

I put a set of alkaline in it and I notice a big difference between the low and medium.

When it was dark I could not tell the difference but holding it about 2" from a white piece of paper I could see just a little difference between the 2 modes.

Ricky

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
seems to be within the treads.
I often have barely a difference between med and high on my L1D (jeans pocket EDC) until I move the fl-head a bit.
Now placed a thin ring of paper into the head and fixed the loose head to body. Much better connection and no probs any more --> for the cost of tube/strobe mode.

Supernam

Enlightened
This is the same reason why one will only get the high output with a 14500 LIR in a L1D CE. The E2 lithium you used probably holds a higher voltage under load than an alkaline. The light cannot bring down the voltage low enough in order to run in a lower setting.